Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Expert Denise Austin - Answers your questions for the next 8 weeks!

AARP Expert Denise Austin will be here for 8 weeks during our Fit and Fun Challenge to answer your questions about fitness. 

Week 1:  May 7th: Who has made an impact on your commitment to healthy habits?

Week 2:  May 14th:  Tells us how to get started.  Ask your questions.

Week 3:  May 21st - What are your biggest barriers?

Week 4:  May 28th - How do you fit in exercise during travel or bad weather?

Week 5:  June 4 - Ways to treat yourself while getting healthy!

Week 6:  June 11 - How do you gauge pain? When is it too much?

Week 7:  June 18 - What should you look for in a yoga class or teacher?

Week 8:  June 25th   - How do you motiviate yourself on tough days?

We would love to know if you have a walking buddy.  Share your answer here:  https://community.aarp.org/t5/Healthy-Living/Do-you-have-a-walking-buddy/m-p/1999681#M4907

Get happier, get healthier and get walking! Enter the AARP Fit & Fun Health Challenge and invite your friends and family to enter too! Each week we’re featuring a fit and fun theme with challenges to complete. Answer questions, share photos and more to earn a chance to win prizes, including a Grand Prize Spa Weekend!  Join here:  Join the Challenge by clicking:  here

AARPTeri
Recognized Social Butterfly

Since 8 weeks have long passed, why is this thread stuck to the top of the list thereby wasting even more vertical space than usual?

In case Denise Austin ever returns, I would like her to give a full and accurate appraisal of Michelle Obama's pushup form in the following video:

0 Kudos
Contributor

I would like to have a firmer and shapely buttocks. I was told to do 100 squats a day. Would this be A correct assessment. Also, I do work out but would like to maintain an ideal weight of  ———. I am please with my body just need some minor repairs. 

I thank you and your daughter for your time and support.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I wished i find some excercise thay works to tone my arms. It seems they are becoming more like my grandmother’s everyday.  I do things that challenge my upper atm strength like tree pruning, because i have to.  I hurt my shoulder and elbow doing that over a month ago and i am still in pain.  Seems to be getter harder to do as i age.  What would you suggest? I am 56 and have a few health issues.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This is a truly awesome endeavor! Thanks, AARP!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Celebrate the powerful connection between music and health at an AARP virtual concert featuring Clint Black on October 28 at 8 p.m. EST. EDT. Register Here.

AARP Concert Series ft. Clint Black

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health