Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW WE GOT MOTIVATED

Message 1 of 5

Try these sites:

www.amar.org.mx

www.bestoflakechapala.com

www.lakechapalasociety.org

EMAIL: info@expatsinmexico.com

CHECK OUT Youtube for Lake Chapala Mexico

Hope this gives you ideas and helpful information

Chaplaindave - Ajijic, Jalisco

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW WE GOT MOTIVATED

Message 2 of 5

Sounds great!!  I am in the process of making decisions as to where to move. This place sounds wonderful , especially with the beautiful weathers and affordability.  Do you have any additional information or could you share where I could find additional information, thank you. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

HOW WE GOT MOTIVATED

Message 3 of 5

Retiring and moving to the Lake CHapala region of Mexico. The climate is a Spring-like 70's average year-round and the cost-of-living more reasonable for retirement than in the United States. We eat a better diet, beautiful sunny days motivate us to live a healthy outdoor lifestyle with walking as our exercise opportunity and we have equal or better medical care, when required, than in the United States and at a more affordable cost.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 5 Inspiring Older Athletes That Could Totally Kick Your Ass

Message 4 of 5

DH and I were in track and field in HS. As younger adults we rode double centuries, took week-long backpacking trips and climbed dozens of 14,000 ft mountains. It simply is who we are. That's not to say we did not make choices to be fit. We did. And numerous sacrifices as well.

Despite all of this, it is unlikely we will ever match the skill of these phenomenal athletes. 

Should this discourage the overweight? Far from it! Because no matter where you are, how fit you are or are not, your destination is set by your minute by minute choices. What you eat for breakfast. If you skip the candybar at 11AM and instead take a walk around the block. How well you manage your sleep, your diet, your thoughts. Yes, thoughts. Because despite the need to move your body to exercise, the bulk of physical activity is in the mind.

Remember The Little Engine That Could? That. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

And who says we all need to go out and win gold medals, anyway? That's certainly a worthy goal if you have it, however if your goal is to improve your health, to improve your outlook, to improve how you feel about yourself, you don't need gold medals.

You need to move. Remember, it's the moment by moment choices we make that determine our health.

I think you can; I think you can; I think you can!

I wish everyone improved health, happiness and great fortune. Be inspired today!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

5 Inspiring Older Athletes That Could Totally Kick Your Ass

Message 5 of 5

For the record:  That's the Huff Po's headline, not mine. Annnd: these athletes could totally kick my butt as well. Smiley Happy

Here's the only part of this piece from August, 2016 that I kinda sorta object to: "Over 50 and still goin’ strong." Hmpf.

Of course they are: you don't get to be an elite senior athlete without spending a lot of time and energy tuning the body. And yet, like the rest of us, they each one did it one day at a time. Anyway.... Smiley Happy

Excerpt:

Younger athletes at this year’s Olympics like Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt might be household names, but here at Huff/Post 50 we think the older athletes are even more inspiring. They, too, hit the pavement, push themselves to the limit and are in the best shape of their lives.

If you thought breaking a Guinness World Record was cool, imagine doing it at 105. Last September, Japanese centenarian Hidekichi Miyazaki ran a 100-meter dash in a cool 42.2 seconds, making him the oldest competitive sprinter in the world.

But what’s most inspiring about Miyazaki is that he didn’t even start running competitively until his 90s! With ever the competitive spirit, he says he wished he’d been able to run the dash faster, but not to worry ― he still plans to keep at it for another couple of years.

Read about the 90 year old gymnast, the centenarian who can do 100 push-ups and others at the Huffington Post :  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/5-inspiring-older-athletes-that-could-totally-kick-your-ass_us_5...

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season