From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 30 (+1) Crucial Things to Know About Life

Message 21 of 35

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@Epster - I'll stick with "Everything is a lesson to deal with ..", because I don't know anyone could find a "bright side" to a cancer diagnosis .. except to think it "could be worse".

I hear that!

I know a woman who had breast/lymph cancer 4 times in her 30s, the first time while she was pregnant with her child. She insisted to me on many occasions --I grew organic medicinal herbs for her-- that cancer had indeed benefitted her by winnowing away the less important (she was a multi-business owning dynamo) and gifting her with incredible focus and a renewed appreciation for what she had. FWIW and all.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 35

@Epster - I'll stick with "Everything is a lesson to deal with ..", because I don't know anyone could find a "bright side" to a cancer diagnosis .. except to think it "could be worse".

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 35

@LaDolceVita wrote:

The first sentence, very true.  The second I hope is true.  I have been going thru trial by fire for over 6 months & I do not seem to be learning any lessons!!  

@LaDolceVita In my life, the lessons have not always been immediately discernible: sometimes, but not always. Sometimes it has taken years to gain the most beneficial perspective on events.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 35

@ASTRAEA wrote:

Another crucial thing to know about life:

You can do everything right, yet still not have the outcome you wanted/expected. Everything is a lesson to deal with, even if we don't yet understand why.

Boy, isn't that the truth?  It is good to develop the skill of flexibility, eh? Also looking on the bright side, for even when things go wrong, there is always a bright side. Or so I find. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 35

@LaDolceVita - I think that sometimes the lesson is to learn how little control we really have, compared to what we think we have. Other times the lesson might be acceptance of a "bad" outcome, because it's a lesson for someone else that they have to go thru.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 35

@ASTRAEA wrote:

You can do everything right, yet still not have the outcome you wanted/expected. Everything is a lesson to deal with, even if we don't yet understand why.

The first sentence, very true.  The second I hope is true.  I have been going thru trial by fire for over 6 months & I do not seem to be learning any lessons!!  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 35

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 35

Giving the original post a bump

@Epster wrote:

Not sure I buy into every last one of these (Icy roads and #17? Not so much), but I'm mostly in. How about you? (See 1st graphic in full size at link below)

30 things to know about life.jpg

Taken from: https://onmogul.com/stories/30-crucial-things-to-know-about-life

Here's a bonus thing to know about life. I'd put this one in the top ten. 

healthy mind.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 35

@wilful Woo hoo for good neighbors! Glad you are all safe. Smiley Happy

We used yesterday's brilliant sunshine well and plan to hunker down (working from home) the remains of the week. That traffic out there is cray cray. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 35

Yes, we are all well here in SoCal.  Getting lots of good rain.  Some areas have flooded streets, but not in our neighborhood.  Also, many mud slides in the foothills areas.  Neighbor in back of me had a large, old pine topple over from excess water saturation and heavy wind - so now I have a several years fire wood supply.  :-)

While driving - watch out for the black ice.  Smiley Wink

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera