Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 2017 Senior Sports Championship Calendar (lots of events this fall!)

Message 1 of 3

Older story, but a great piece on the World Masters Championships.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Masters Track and Field Championship video (Re 2017 Senior Sports Championship Calendar)

Message 2 of 3

Taken from a blog post on the site:

"The most enduring and endearing aspect of these games is the good feelings among the competitors. It is what keeps me coming back every four years. The blemishes on modern big-time sports -- bragging and trash talk -- simple don't exist here. My opponents in both sports were unfailingly welcoming, generous, helpful. In addition to the camaraderie, I like the high level of age-group competition, particularly in "minor" sports which often don't draw lots of older athletes. These games were well-organized with more than 4,000 volunteers who went out of their way to help and guide the athletes. "

I have found these things to be absolutely true: the people --officials and other athletes-- are the best part of the competition. Everybody pulls for everyone else. Truly marvelous.

Read the entire post: http://40plussports.com/blog.php

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

2017 Senior Sports Championship Calendar (lots of events this fall!)

Message 3 of 3

Here's a handy dandy calendar of sports championship events happening around the country for those of a certain age. Smiley Happy Actually some of these allow 40+ year olds, but not all.  Here's about half of the listed September events (click on the photo to enlarge it):

40plussports.com calendar.pngAbout half the Sept 2017 sporting events for seniors and masters

And this is what they show for October:

October's events.pngOctober's eventsHere's the full calendar: http://40plussports.com/sport.php?SID=35

DH and I are registered for one of these events. Anyone else training for fall events?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors