Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Inspirational Senior Athletes - Agnes Keleti

Message 1 of 2

Agnes Keleti's gymnastic dreams couldn't be derailed by the Nazis & WWII, and at 95 she's still active:

Agnes Keleti - Olympic Gold Medalist

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

102 year old Senior Athlete in South Dakota Games

Message 2 of 2

This is an older story --the subject is 104 now-- and as far as I can tell still active. DH and I are planning to compete at the South Dakota Senior Games. Our hope is that he is also competing at these games (they are qualifiers for the national games) and further that we will be blessed to cheer on this incredibly inspiring gentleman.

South Dakota farmer is oldest athlete at National Senior Games

HIGHMORE The oldest athlete in this year's National Senior Games is also from South Dakota. John Zilverberg, a retired rancher from the Highmore area will be competing in four events this week at the ripe age of 102.

“Course I always try to win” 102 year-old athlete, John Zilverberg admitted.

John Zilverberg is proof that a competitive spirit never grows old.

He is the oldest of three athletes to make it the 100 plus age group.

"But also the competition isn't as tough, you're only competing with the other people that are over 100 years old," Zilverberg said.

“It was 84 when the senior games started. My brother got in the first year, then I heard about it and I got in in 85 and I haven't missed a game since competing in the senior games” he explained.

But that's not all this 102 year old does to stay in shape.

“I like to bowl and I joined the golf league.” He elaborated.

He says all of it has helped him enjoy his long and healthy life.

“Just like everything else it’s a challenge and you try to accomplish something and I'd say I did as far as that goes”, he said.

Enjoy the complete story here: http://www.ksfy.com/home/headlines/Former-South-Dakota-governor-is-oldest-athlete-in-National-Senior...

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies