Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค” What CHALLENGE(s) Are YOU Facing RIGHT NOW?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค” What CHALLENGE(s) Are YOU Facing RIGHT NOW?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ the comments and/or ADD a comment***

Stop by to tell us about YOUR CHALLENGE and support OTHER MEMBERS.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (1/23/23) Good to hear from you today @BeatleloverKT ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you for the kudo,I'm glad you are back. ๐Ÿ˜Š

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Being ignored.  My two sisters-in-law took me out to dinner for my birthday, but they, one especially, wouldn't talk to me when I spoke to her.  I was sitting across from both of them.  I said "Why are you ignoring me?"  and she said it was because she was eating.  Also, they are sisters, so when we get together they talk amongst themselves and don't include me.  Why take me out if you are not going to converse with me?  

Then, about a week before, I was at the hair salon and the one doing hair was talking to her client about a Polish market.  I tried to enter the conversation by asking where it was - about three times I tried to talk and they ignored me too.  What is it about me?

Bronze Conversationalist

I don't think it's you, Carolyn. Society in general doesn't seem as polite as it once was. Plus most people are under greater stress these days. I like the saying, "He has his eye on the sparrow..."  So there is always a place of comfort for us in His arms. Take care. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@LeeS4949 is spot on with her assessment. You have done nothing wrong. I also find myself in situations where Iโ€™m ignored. My solutions are I donโ€™t engage in public convos with people I donโ€™t know. Also the dinners with your SIL are probably something you should not continue. If it makes you feel that bad, and it is that bad, itโ€™s better for you mentally to not go out with them. I have found itโ€™s better to be alone then to be with people who make me feel bad about myself

Silver Conversationalist

I'm thinking its them and not you. AS far as your in-laws go they come across as wanting to make everything about them,and they cant do that unless someone is with them. I suspect thats their motivation for inviting you. Their loss if you ask me. Self absorption in people these days is rampant to say the least. The hair dresser in question is a good example I think. Be sad if you must,I'm sad for them..

Conversationalist

Yeah.  I had other people who wanted to take me out like my mom and dad and sister, but they asked first, so...  

I guess the only thing in common we have is we loved their brother (my husband).  Dan never ignored me.  He was the best person in the world.  Even he felt different from his family.

Conversationalist

And then the one that's nicest keeps bugging me to get into texting.  I've told her I don't want to.  I have a flip phone and it's nearly impossible to text on one.  I'm not stupid.  In fact, I'm am quite intelligent and I'm really into the arts.  Maybe there's not a lot of people for me to relate to.  Also, they are in the work world and I am not.  Maybe they look down on me for not being as worldly as they are.

Silver Conversationalist

Sounds like there might be some ego problems with them. Have you ever noticed that people with the biggest egos don't have any good reasons to have one? People who don't feel good about themselves ( them) want to drag others down to their level. (you) From what you've said and how you've articulately worded it I'm thinking you wont let that happen. Please dont.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Ok.  Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜€

Conversationalist

This makes me cry.  I feel so sad.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (THURSDAY 1/12/23) Well, had a very "rough" week but was too full of hate to share. Yes, they say to "forgive" and I have not gotten to that level. And "forget" - never! But just now, it was like LIFE reminded me that I had come too far to let TOXIC folks infiltrate my mind. Take up so much space, you are cold and unfeeling. Nope, toxic person, you had your fun. Stepping away for a few days did help. Missing you MamaMae, Aunt Len and Aunt Edna. Rest in peace my ladies... ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ๐ŸคŽ๐ŸคŽ  

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I'm so sorry for the week you've had. I sensed something but I didn't want to push or pester you. I know sometimes stepping away is a way to deal with the toxic ones that inevitably slither into our lives, leaning on others is another. You're last posting says it all. They may have effected your week but you didn't let them win. Hugs and smiles.  ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (1/9/23) SO GOOD to hear from you today @LeeS4949 , @BeatleloverKT and @EileenP559346 . Thinking of you @MarcyW882921 and @jonibee ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Silver Conversationalist

Great to hear from you ๐Ÿ˜Š Is today Walmart day?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thinking of you all today. Sun is out today which always makes me feel better. Hope everyone has a blessed day ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Conversationalist

What a beautiful message to everyone!!!  Sun is out here too and and I pray for a blessed day for you too!๐Ÿ˜€

Rebecca
Silver Conversationalist

And you as well  ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (1/8/23) WE LUV YOU Eileen @EileenP559346 ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค— and sending you health. Hope you feel better soon! Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thank you.  Appreciate all of you.  Eileen

Anonymous
Not applicable

8 comments (Saturday 1/7/23) Dreary days always make me sad and overthink missing my loved ones. Today is one, cloudy! Luv you all, Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Every day seems to be hard, however I agree, when days are cloudy and dreary it is extra hard.  I have been sick for the past week or so and knowing that my hubby would normally take extra good care of me is so tough.  I guess I am on my own and now have to take care of myself, and of course my furbaby.  I have to stay strong for her.  Hoping for sunnier days for all of us, if not sunny at least not quite as cloudy. 

Conversationalist

God bless you Eileen!  Believe me, you will see less and less cloudy days.  You are strong and things will get easier!

Rebecca
Bronze Conversationalist

Yes we are learning to do a lot of things for ourselves that our hubby may have done for us in the past. It's hard to wake up with an inner cloud and then find that the outside is filled with them too! Sorry to hear you have been sick and hope the clouds dissipate and rays of sun await to fill the opening.

Silver Conversationalist

Agreed. Some days just a lighter shade of gray would be a step in the right direction. Your furr baby has its luv waiting to share. Feel better please.. ๐Ÿค’

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

It is here too but maybe I'm just used to it. If the sun is out in Maine it's usually noteworthy. Not the best weather in the world but we make it work somehow.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (1/7/23) There is no pleasing me as I don't like much sun = hot, hot flashes./lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Silver Conversationalist

Lol,me neither. I like those days where its coolish but not cold,the sun is in and out but its not "sunny",a  light breeze but not windy. And i like rainy days strange as it sounds. Luv listening to it fall. Just don't like snow and blistering cold. Sadly that's usually what the next few months are like around here.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Lol, I guess I'm used to the weather in the South. I have a hard time with the cold.  Believe it or not, the last couple of weeks we have been very humid.  That's crazy for January!  We have had a few days in the 70's.  Crazy! Just keeps getting hotter and more humid here!

Rebecca
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (Thursday 1/5/23) @BeatleloverKT , @CarolynS674392 , @LeeS4949 and @jonibee ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP