Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Recognized Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ˜ด  (Thursday 3/28/24)

SWEET dreams "tonight" at your "bedtime" everyone!!!

Thank you SO MUCH Marcy @MarcyW882921 for "posting" TODAY  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ•ฏโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ  Discussions about EVERYDAY life - NOT just about our grief!

WE support each other & anyone who stops by.

WE laugh, cry, rejoice & share about our healing journeys.

โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

If you are GRIEVING "right now" - stop by to CHAT whenever you "feel" up to it โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ’™โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ’™โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ’™โ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œ

0 Kudos

(Thursday 3/28/24)

SO GOOD to hear from you Marcy @MarcyW882921  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Girl, I was up ALL NIGHT and was "suppose" to get up at 7am, but kept RESETTING my 3 alarms [yes, 3/lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ]. One is a regular clock, plug in. One is my VERY OLD Android T-Mobile says I need to update ๐Ÿ™„. And 3rd is a FREE Android Virginia gave me. They really care about their OLD FOLKS, unlike Florida.

Anyway, FINALLY got up at 8am and of course SHOULD have left at 8:30am for 9am appointment. It was 8:45am!!!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

GRATEFUL, no accidents or gridlocks. Lol, but I am sure my Blood Pressure didnot appreciate the stress of running late.

I always WARN them about my NEEDLE "issues"...  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Bronze Conversationalist

Well, you got to your appointment. Great!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Oh my you had a rough night and beginning to your day Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ! I hope it is now over and you are taking time to breathe and reduce that blood pressure. Wishing you a more calm rest of the day.

Marcy

(Thursday 3/28/24)

Thanks Marcy @MarcyW882921  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[*** MARCY @MarcyW882921 wrote:

Oh my you had a rough night and beginning to your day Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ! I hope it is now over and you are taking time to breathe and reduce that blood pressure. Wishing you a more calm rest of the day.

Marcy ***]

0 Kudos

(Thursday 3/28/24 about 11:10pm)

Hey Marcy @MarcyW882921 , NO "reaction" to my shot and heading to get some zzz's.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Lol, stayed out of the bed ALL DAY after getting back from CVS.

Thanks for CARING  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I believe it's a full moon week. Can affect sleep.

0 Kudos

(Thursday 3/28/24) HELLO!!!

โ€Œ๐Ÿ‘‹โ€Œ  Marcy @MarcyW882921 , MC @mc6844 , Jonibee @jonibee  , Cadee @Cadee2719   ๐Ÿ’™โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ’™โ€Œโ€Œ๐Ÿ’™โ€Œ

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole for your kind thoughts. Wish we could find a solution to your sleep issues. Probably just a time of adjustment. It will get better. 

0 Kudos

1 comment (Wednesday 3/27/24)

SO GOOD to hear from you MC @mc6844  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Well, I HOPE to get some "rest" TONIGHT as I have a 9am appointment TOMORROW to get the 2nd Recommended COVID shot for AGE 65+ at CVS.

Lol, had my "meltdown" (HATE NEEDLES  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ) when I read the AARP Article about this NEW recommendation. Figured at age 66 this year, it will keep me well. GRATEFUL have never caught it!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

My daughter has twice.  ๐Ÿ‘ต

Bronze Conversationalist

May you continue to be well Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . I am in the needle haters club too so I hope you get through your appointment this morning without much discomfort.

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. Always so thoughtful to everyone. Been very busy here with stuff. Still decluttering one bunch of stuff at a time. Hope your sleep time is okay.

1 comment (Wednesday 3/27/24)

Check out this event:

Thursday, Apr 4, 2024. 11:30 a.m. ET , 10:30 a.m. CT , 9:30 a.m. MT , 8:30 a.m. PT. 90 minutes long.

๐Ÿ•ฏ  Coping With Grief: The Art of Cherishing (FREE online AARP "Grief & Loss" Event for members/non-members)

Explore the art of cherishing, a way to continue loving and honoring someone who has died while fully living life.

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole!

1 comment (Tuesday 3/26/24) Chat!

Walmart was "interesting"  ๐Ÿ™„  - spotted a couple I DIDNOT want too see and thankful they DIDNOT "look" my way!!!  Happy Dance  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Female use to live where I do about 1 or 2 years ago. Very controlling and we parted ways when she moved out. Daily knock out fights with her Baby Daddy.

Another Happy Dance, I got my Weekly Video Call from my daughter today!!!  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

I think I MAY have won $100.00 on one of my two $1 Scratchoff Tickets today from Walmart. Will stop by their Customer Service Counter NEXT Tuesday when I return for weekly groceries. Not getting excited, but...  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Raining and will be until Friday.  ๐Ÿ˜ญ

GRATEFUL it was NOT for my Walmart Trip this morning.  ๐Ÿ‘

Everyone, FIND YOUR PEACE TODAY  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Bronze Conversationalist

I hope you win too!

Kudos
Views

(Monday 3/25/24)

Have FUN Marcy @MarcyW882921  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Just wanted to pop in to say Hi! I've been crazy busy for a few days and I'm off and running to rehearsal in a couple of hours.๐ŸŽถ   Marcy ***]

๐Ÿ‘ต 1 comment (Monday 3/25/24) Chat!

Quiet day!

Weekly Walmart trip TOMORROW, gas Wednesday, then my 2nd Age 65+ Covid shot at 9am Thursday.

Figured I would do "shot" LAST just in case I have a "reaction" = stay home!

My daughter made it back from Atlanta YESTERDAY, tired today and not feeling well. Lol, did my 1st round of BEGGING for my Weekly Video Call = that was HER response.  ๐Ÿ™„

She KNOWS I will be "pestering" TOMORROW.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bronze Conversationalist

Just wanted to pop in to say Hi! I've been crazy busy for a few days and I'm off and running to rehearsal in a couple of hours.๐ŸŽถ

Marcy

(Saturday 3/23/24)

Thank you MC @mc6844  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

[*** MC @mc6844 wrote:

Thank you Nicole. I'm thinking of you too, and all on the forum. I hope things are good. And if they're not, it will get better. Please take good care of yourselves. ***]

1 comment (Saturday3/23/24) Chat!!!

HOW ARE YOU?  ๐Ÿค”

Raining and not going to complain as my area needs the rain - brush fires!  ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

But GLAD, sunshine on Tuesday for my Weekly Walmart Grocery Run.  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Daughter will be in Atlanta until this Sunday = end of NSBE travel, end of Conference there. Gosh, it has been like she married the Organization with the MESS of having to MOVE conference from Florida (where she lives) to Atlanta because of the Florida Governor.  ๐Ÿ™„

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. I'm thinking of you too, and all on the forum. I hope things are good. And if they're not, it will get better. Please take good care of yourselves. 

(Friday 3/22/24)

MC @mc6844 thank you for "posting" to OUR GROUP DISCUSSION [Sleep]  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

(Thursday 3/21/24) Group Discussion!

๐Ÿ“ธ  See Attachment  ๐Ÿ“ธ

20240321_172411.jpg

0 Kudos

(Thursday 3/21/24)

SO GOOD hearing from you Cadee @Cadee2719  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Yes, she has visited and no we no longer go. My grandparents were the ONLY reason to visit and they have been gone for years. MISS THEM  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Well MS. IDAHO, you did it!!!

Idaho is SAFE compared to CALIFORNIA.

As far as me RETURNING TO FLORIDA, still CRYING but realize that unless my daughter (only child) decides to RELOCATE that is where I will end up. LUV VIRGINIA SO MUCH...

Anyway Cadee, EXPECT an EXCITING life ahead and I wait with a SMILE to hear about it when you can.

Gosh, you made my day VERY SPECIAL!!!  ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos

5 comments (Wednesday 2/20/24)

SO GOOD to hear from you Marcy @MarcyW882921  ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

[1] Lol, Girl, you know I OLD = what Happiness Link??? Hmmm, did you put the "link" in your post TODAY? I donot remember a PAST "link" and checked some of your OLD POSTS and not seeing this link. Where is it?  Thanks!  ๐Ÿ‘ต

[2] Not a pool person, prefer the ocean, but the one back in my homeland Jamaica, West Indies. Clean and white sand. Spent 16 glorious years there until I was shipped to St. Louis, Missouri for a better life in the country my dad was born in.  ๐Ÿ™„  He had died {car accident} when I was 12 {my 2 brothers were 2 and 5} while working for an American Company stationed on the island. We graduated from High School at that age and I guess family wanted to help my mom who had 3 of us. I was NOT HAPPY about leaving my island, maternal grandparents and friends behind.

[3] I AM SO HAPPY Cadee @Cadee2719 stops in to update us when she can.  ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

Hey Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy , you could be in Florida. It was a little cooler here today, but the pool is open and people are in it!

I'm glad you had a positive WalMart trip and you were able to make a social connection. Check out the link I posted on happiness and I think you covered some items during your visit.๐Ÿ˜Š Marcy ***]

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ,

I did put the link in a post and I can't remember where it was. I did see it come up when I posted it and it's too bad because it was a good article.

Marcy

(Friday 3/22/24)

Marcy @MarcyW882921 , was this the LINK?  ๐Ÿค”

[*** @MarcyW882921 wrote:

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ,

In a discussion with a social worker, the topic of traumatic grief came up. I was horrified at the sound of the words. Coming from a family that had your "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" philosophy, the thought that someone would be so immobilized by grief was unheard of and unacceptable. 

Reading information from different sources helped me to learn about the subject and broaden my thought process. Here is one article that is pretty straightforward and my be helpful.

traumatic-grief

Marcy ***]

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP