Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

No communication whatsoever Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . ๐Ÿ˜–

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning! Have been busy since returning

from KY. Iโ€™m still unpacking. Havenโ€™t even been

to the food store yet! Very busy day yesterday 

along with trouble on the forums. Lost a bid on a

condo in Lancaster, which has me very bummed.

My leg is better but has a huge lump there. Doesnโ€™t 

hurt to walk so Iโ€™m watching it. Wishing you all a

blessed Tuesday ๐Ÿ’œ

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy I am fine, super busy day, too

much to tell. Still unpacking as well. This site will

not let me send a private message today ๐Ÿ˜ก so

hence why this post. I appreciate the concern ๐Ÿ’œ

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Going in for more blood test; this time for the cardiologist.  Beatle I know how hard it is to go to the doctors but I feel now is the time that we MUST take care of ourselves.  As a caregiver I was at the doctors and the hospitals every month with my husband until he was in Hospice Care.  It was exhausting, BUT necessary and I did whatever was necessary to ease his pain.  Now WE are the ones that need the attention and it is frightening and overwhelming BUT you matter, you need to care about YOU.  As a nurse this is out of the ordinary for you as you have cared for so many others BUT now my dear IT IS TIME TO GO TO THE DOCTORS AND SEE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR LEG.  Do it for all of us here that care about you. Now I will step down from my soap box and get prepared to go in for more blood tests.  I have discovered that my heart and mind is still young, but my body is old and falling apart!๐Ÿ˜‚  Thank You Nicole for checking on all of us and I hope that you are taking good care of yourself as well.

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole for checking on everyone. I hope you're taking care too. Not so easy when we're not agile anymore. We all just need to slow down. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

Wait....you forgot the Piano!!!๐ŸŽน

LOL!!๐Ÿ˜‚

Conversationalist

You make me laugh.  Love it!  The way my life is going right now, yep that will be me on moving day. ๐Ÿคฃ

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Trusted Contributor

That is great. I enjoy having friends invite me over for a visit. I have had neighbors over maybe 8-10 times  for a happy hour - really great time  for me- I do not think of the past we share current stories/Jokes/travel experiences. Last week I had my first get together at my place with six guests. - Turned out great - Also, friends have invited me on a cruise with them which I am planning on doing. We will hook up our reservations maybe do a few meals together, do some tours, attend shows etc. So I will not be "by myself" all the time

Something else I discovered is that many things bring back memories. My wife and I would always attend  church together -  I have to force myself to do it as it brings back memories.  

Anyhow I take it a day at a time and life is getting better. House still seems very empty so I bike first thing every morning gets some endorphins going and starts the day on a good note. 

Please let us know how the social worked out.

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™m the one with the walker ๐Ÿคฃ

Bronze Conversationalist

Are they attempting to do the Macarena @Nicole439658 ? A little sore from tennis yesterday, but I think I'm doing ok for now. ๐Ÿคช

Marcy

Gold Conversationalist

โ€œWelcome to the Hotel Nicole-ifornia

(Itโ€™s a stretch....I know..LOL!)

Such a lovely place ...

They livin' it up at the Hotel Nicole-ifornia

What a nice surprise!โ€

Bronze Conversationalist

lol    no thank you, tho nice of you to think of me  looks like you're all 

line dancing?  where do you get all these gifs? they're great

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Nicole, you make me laugh.  Thank You ๐Ÿ˜

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Marcy I like your hat! 

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy Workers were supposed to be here on Friday to remove needed tile for my kitchen floor. Wednesday I got a text from my contractor that he was in the hospital preparing to have surgery, but he hoped to be here on Friday. No more news, no workers, and no kitchen tiles. I guess you will have to delay coming for dinner! ๐Ÿคช

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Update... @SpringIsHereSoHappy . I heard from my contractor and they are scheduled to be here at least on Tuesday and Wednesday this week!๐Ÿคž

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

Happy Dance Time....

for Marcy....@MarcyW882921

HAPPY DANCE!!!HAPPY DANCE!!!

and of course....

HAPPY DANCE!!!...

for Nicole!!! ๐Ÿคฃ LOL!

Take care!  โ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ›ถ๐Ÿ–~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ ๐Ÿ โ›ต

Bronze Conversationalist

I do too Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy ! I'm getting a bit discouraged.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Yes @SpringIsHereSoHappy . I will likely wait until Tuesday and then contact them.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappyYes I do know why Lol It has 

been a month and my leg still isnโ€™t fully healed. And I have been left with a huge swollen lump that hurts if I press on it. I guess itโ€™s time for this old retired

Nurse to go see her Dr Lol

Conversationalist

I hope that the doctors can help you.  Amazing how you wake up one day and everything falls apart.  To make matters worse I come home from the doctors and see my garbage can IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET.  So dumb me goes to bring it back to the curb.  Ankle gives out and there I am laying in the middle of the street thinking how in the h*ll am I going to get up and to the curb??  So I crawl to the curb and cling to the garbage can to pull myself up.  Now I injured my elbow, hand, hip, ankle and knee!!!  I was glad no one saw this.  I will call the doctor on Monday to see if I should have an Xray taken on that leg to see if I fractured anything.  Later on in the day as I calmed down, I laughed thinking about what I must have looked like; this old white haired lady crawling on the street to the curb.  So again, I take one step forward (going to the doctors and getting tests done) and then two steps back by falling on the ground and injuring myself even more!  I think this is a reminder from God to TAKE CARE OF MYSELF, but it seems that I am a slow learner.  I am glad that you are going to the doctors for your leg.  I guess we can all move into Nicole's retirement home with our walkers, wheelchairs and canes.  Marcy and I will cook and bake and we will all get fat. ๐Ÿคฃ

Bronze Conversationalist

Cadee, isn't that just the way things happen for us. I'm so sorry. What an ordeal. I hope your ankle is ok. And try to slow down. Take care!

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP