Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Gee, I'm glad you're getting the proper care. Dealing with medical is unsettling these days. Especially since you've recently been through so much. It's hard and scary going through these things. You may feel alone. But you're not alone. A loving God is always with you. Whatever your beliefs. One Step at a time. Take care! Things will work out.

Bronze Conversationalist

If we don't have enough stress and challenges in our life, we have dealings with the medical community. I'm sorry to hear about your hands, but glad that test was at least ordered. I hope you get an appointment soon that will give you some answers going forward. Keep that positive attitude while being your best health advocate.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Trusted Contributor

I got so angry Friday. I had to go through some paperwork of my husband's. I ended up taking a rubber mallet and smashing an end table with it. Don't worry, it was one that I was getting rid of, LOL. I know that anger is one of the stages of grief so I know that I am starting to really understand that he is truly gone and not coming back. My grieving process has begun. My Mom asked me if it made me feel better but it didn't. I know that the angriest part is still to come but at least I can take it out on things that I don't want anymore, LOL. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes Kimberly @KimberlyM389662 sometimes we do get angry and it is one of the identified stages of grief. You felt like smashing that table that you no longer wanted with your rubber mallet and you just did it. You are still ok and that's important. The end table not so much, but it wasn't important if you were getting rid of it. 

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Sorry Nicole, I disagree with you.  You have many, many "humans" on this site that care and love you.  โค๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole, we care about you! We care very much about you. I try to drop in and see how everyone is doing. I identify with what you are all going through. It's definitely not easy. I need to make a new familiar. For instance  instead of traveling the same route. I go a different route and note new landmarks. Until those become the new familiar.As for people, I live in an elderly community so a new familiar friend can quickly become a gone friend. High turnover. Lol But that's life. An often natural progression of events that are not fun. I just was reading where a woman said that sometimes the best she can say for an experience is that she got  through it. So, we get through it!  

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I hope everyone stays healthy too! My updates aren't that interesting. Usual household maintenance etc. Pay to fix or improvise where I can. Everything is increasing in price. I try to keep things in perspective. Physically I'm not much help to anyone these days. I like to see how all of you are doing and keep you all in prayer. Things have changed for all of us. God never changes, whatever belief of God you all hold in your hearts!

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I am still trying to figure out where I am and how to make it better....not reallly for me but for my Love,He would not want me to suffer. but just remember the GOOD,,,,,,,,  

Bronze Conversationalist

So good to hear from you Carol @CarolD435501 . Trying to figure out where you are and how to make it better is definitely part of this journey! Do it for yourself because you are still living and also for your Love because he is such a big part of your life. Keep remembering and put one foot in front of the other.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Isn't retirement wonderful.  I left my job in 2003 after my husband had his stroke.  At first I struggled with all the time I had on my hands, but as the years passed I became so busy and settled into no longer working.

I have been busy catching up with my vaccines.  During the time my husband was in Hospice (8 Months) I did get my COVID and FLU vaccines but let all the others slide bye.  I felt if I got a shot and it made me ill, I could not take care of my husband so I didn't get them.  Medicare reminded me of the vaccines I needed so I went to get my PREVNAR 20 pneumonia shot.  One down, and three other vaccines to go.  Most caregivers fail to take care of themselves and that is something we MUST do.

Today I am attending my neighbor's REVEAL PARTY.  Excited that her daughter is expecting.  Have a GREAT SUNDAY and BE KIND TO YOURSELF.

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole, how are you doing? I love your gifs. They're so adorable. Thank you for posting them and cheering us all up! You have a gift for helping the grieving Nicole. You're very valuable to the site and the people here. It is a consistency when people's lives have been turned upside down. I had a longtime friend who always talked about her future. She said we always have a future. No matter where we are on our journey. I think the heat index is getting us all down a bit. Grateful for A/C. Just putting one foot in front of the other these days. Backsliding is fine. Lol. Know that you are important to all of us Nicole. All on the site are important. Hope everyone finds peace and rest in their day and hope and happiness in the future!

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Regular Contributor

we really did not chat? 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Trusted Contributor

I am here and really appreciate the love and prayers. I was in the basement yesterday, and found some of my husband's paperwork that I had to go through and get rid of. I got so angry that I picked up a rubber mallet and started destroying a nightstand that I want to get rid of anyway. I thought the anger would help make me feel better but it hasn't yet because, I know the grief really hasn't set in yet and I know that anger is part of the grief process but I am just trying one day at a time. Love you my friend and I appreciate that you say that every time you leave a message. It inspires me to know that already people love me and are supporting me.

Regular Contributor

I understand. Itโ€™s been a while for me and Iโ€™m still not ok.

Bronze Conversationalist

I get it Michele @MicheleT465485 . I'm glad you stopped by.

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

There are plenty of people who care Nicole. Yes there are times when we get busy and maybe we don't write or call but you are in our thoughts.Thinking of you today and dropping a reply too! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Š

Honored Social Butterfly

Never too busy for you my friend. Just fitting the other stuff in around the 

forum. You are very special and

hold us all together! Never forget that!

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Regular Contributor

How can you go to bed at 7:15pm ? 

Trusted Social Butterfly

One Step At A Time ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

๐Ÿ˜‚

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP