Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿค— WE are thinking of YOU! Please Stop By To See Us :)

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

WE cry, rejoice, talk, share!

Whatever YOU need, WE are here for YOU.

***YOU are a very SPECIAL person and WE want to hear from YOU***

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Thanks for your kind words. I am doing okay, hope everyone else is also. I still talk to my sissie everyday and it helps me keep her close. I will never stop being grateful for every moment we shared as sisters and friends. 

Regular Contributor

I am okay. Thanks for asking. Been very busy with AncestryDNA, and am making great progress. A recent account linkage proved to be very productive. Built off it more today, incorporating more extended family. My paternal great grandfather was adopted (never knew this) and I found his sibling group! I solved for another sibling of this same group, but in general terms. I am not sure I will ever figure out the adoptive names to match individual members of this biological group born roughly 1880 to 1910 in Clinton County, New York.

I think the loss of my mother  would have bothered me longer had I taken her cat because they truly were one. My otherwise disloyal brother took the cat, and it sounded like she was loved, though I disliked she was being kept in a bedroom, and no attempt was being made to get her and their two rescue cats acquainted, so she could have run of the house, and the screened-in smoking porch, if so inclined. One of the rescues LOVES that porch, would huddle close to the floor hear the crickets beneath, wagging his tail. Whenever that door opened for someone to go out to smoke, their male rescue would beat it to the door to go out too.

Last summer, just when a scab started to form, it was ripped off by TekCollect, a collection company. Contacted me first by email then snail mail, this despite my sending "Not my debt" letters, with the instruction to they must include my statement about it not being my debt. Well, Genesis was undeterred and sent me a bill, and due to the high quality image, an otherwise benign-looking piece of mail capture by USPS Informed Delivery, which is free, presented a clue as to whom it was from, with a recognizable phone number and either "statement" or "bill" visible. It gave me time to review where to write "Refused" on a piece of mail, have a clip and pen ready, and I marked and attached to my mailbox, unopened. Never got anymore mail. TekCollect was nipped in the bud  with my complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in August.

Yes, even if your parent is 99% of the poverty line, Genesis Healthcare will pester and pester the checkwriter, which was me. It seems "refused" worked. Wish I had known it sooner. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(SATURDAY 3/4/23) Dear @mc6844 , I luv ALL of your sharing with us and you are a WONDERFUL addition to our AARP Grief & Loss Forum FAMILY!!! Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. I see you are very active here. That is so important to many people. I'm sure your presence is valued and appreciated. I find all of the topics and sharing very helpful and life-giving. I'm sorry for 

everyone's loss. Life is fluid. There is goodness and hope along all the curves.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(FRIDAY 2/3/23) Oh yes Jonibee @jonibee , one step at a time and thank you. Thank you Lee @LeeS4949 , I hope Buster - Olivia - Penny are well. ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ Please tell them I said hey. ๐ŸคŽ๐ŸคŽ๐ŸคŽ๐ŸคŽ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— Lol, got to include our furbabies too... Nicole

Silver Conversationalist

I'm glad you are doing ok,the "guys " say hey back. ๐Ÿ˜ฝ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Nicole. You are thought of too!

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments(FRIDAY 2/3/23) Dear Lee @LeeS4949  , Marcy @MarcyW882921 and Jonibee @jonibee  I hope you will stop by when you can! We miss hearing from you, Nicole (Grief & Loss Forum) ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

Trusted Social Butterfly

Thank You and hoping you are okay too...

Silver Conversationalist

Thank you so much Nicole, thinking of you too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Honored Social Butterfly

Thinking of all of you as well ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ˜˜

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP