Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

Our mascot Beasley

Good morning everyone. Sorry for the delay about our big boy. He had his first vet appointment last Thursday. He is very healthy. He has received his first vaccines and his next appointment is 09/21. He weighed 16.9 lbs but I swear he has gained more since then. He also got to meet his new family on Saturday and of course won them over. We are working hard on potty training but as to be expected we have had some accidents. Here he is in all his glory. He has brought so much joy and laughter in my life which is so important right now. Today is my 55th birthday and the first without my husband. I am sad, depressed, grieving and also very angry because he was offered so much help and he refused. I blame that on my father in law because my husband had mental health issues and his Dad drilled into his head that he not see a "head shrinker". 

IMG_20230903_224848820.jpg

IMG_20230905_074640252.jpg

Silver Conversationalist

Kimberly, of course that would be upsetting. You made a smart decision to put your love into Beasley now. You are still very young. I enjoy seeing pics of Beasely. We always had dogs, but no more. Beastly sure looks like a character and a wonderful dog!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Kimberly, happy 55 day.  I can only imagine what you are feeling as I have 7 months to prepare for this new another first.  I'm thinking I'll just remember her and remind myself of all the good I had with her.  Maybe try the same?  Toss the bad away and keep the good.  As I tell myself, I've got 25 years to figure this out so you have that and more.  Walk to the good life.

Bill

Conversationalist

Hi, Kimberly, happy birthday to you!  My late husband's birthday is coming up in a few days as well as is our 50th wedding anniversary.  I am happy you have Beasley as your new family member.  Pets can bring great comfort and joy without speaking, just loving you unconditionally.  What a gift.  As I read your post, I wanted to share that I too was angry during and after my husband died almost 2 years ago.  It is taking me a long time to get over that negative feeling for many legitimate reasons.  As hard as it sounds, I would journal your feelings and perhaps write a letter to your husband about your emotions.  You can always discard it after you write it. An even harder thing to do is to try to forgive him and your father-in-law as well.  Not because your father-in-law was necessarily right in how he acted and influenced his son, but for your own peace of mind.  We often forget that the people around us are or were human beings.  That means they make mistakes and can be nonresponsive to loved ones, who are well intentioned, particularly caregivers.  That also happened to me.  It leaves you cold and alone.  GriefShare helped me as well as mindful thinking as I take my daily walks.  You can do that too with Beasley.  Be kind to yourself and remember you did the best you could under the circumstances.  Ideally, you want to "enjoy" your days without the extra burden of anger and regret.  Life is worth living as you are finding by including Beasley in your life. Your friend and fellow griever, Sue

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @SueS788527 . I try to remember the good times. I am especially thankful for the 2 beautiful children we have. My son is the spitting image of his father so I will always have him with me. 

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @KimberlyM389662 A little birdie (named Nicole...LOL) told me you are having a birthday...confirmed by your message!

Happy Birthday Kimberly.JPG

So from me & the most famous beagle of all....

to you (& your new beagle!๐Ÿ•)

Happy Birthday Kimberly!

Take care ~Allen

Bronze Conversationalist

Kimberly @KimberlyM389662 , Although this is likely not your happiest of birthdays, Hopefully you were able to find at least a small bit of joy sometime during this day. It sounds like your little guy Beasley is bringing some happiness and laughter into your life and that is great! I hope Beasley did his job and maybe some other special people in your life too.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Happy Birthday! Thank you for sharing your happiness with you adorable pup

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

(2 comments) OUR MASCOT NEEDS A UNIFORM/lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

I like them ALL (8), but #5 is MY favorite. ๐Ÿ‘

***See list below*** 

Nicole ๐Ÿ•

(1) Babe Magnet.

(2) The Snuggle Is Real.

(3) Will Trick For Treats.

(4) I am wearing nothing under this shirt.

(5) I'm with the human.

(6) Fur Baby.

(7) Pants Optional.

(8) If my dog doesn't like you I probably won't either.

Trusted Contributor

@SpringIsHereSoHappy . #8 for me as well. 

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

#8 is the obvious choice lol

Conversationalist

He is sooooo precious.  Happy Birthday and it was a GREAT idea getting Beasley.  Hopes he continues to bring love and joy into your life.

Honored Social Butterfly

Happy birthday @KimberlyM389662 Our mascot 

is just adorable! Hopefully he will help you on your

grief journey ๐Ÿ’œ

Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (TUESDAY 9/5/23 8:25am EST)

I luv you Kimberly @KimberlyM389662 and Beasley, Nicole ๐Ÿค— 

Trusted Contributor

I love you too @SpringIsHereSoHappy. Speaking with all of you has really been therapeutic for me. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Happy Birthday and love this picture of Beasley ..so cute and lovable..Today would have been our 64th Wedding Anniversary and I decided to celebrate it with a toast to Tom which I will do every year on this day ..Also we (oldest daughter and I shared a cost to have all the outdoor shrubs trimmed and lawn mowed in memory of hubby and Dad) Plus one had to be removed due to its surmise and will be replaced with a lawn ornament a stained "buck wagon " that will have Autumn flowers in it ...Each holiday has its bitter-sweet memories...

Bronze Conversationalist

Jonibee @jonibee , One of those days for you yesterday. It sounds like you made the best of it by making some new traditions. Your ways for marking this special day sound great!

Marcy

Trusted Social Butterfly

5 comments (TUESDAY 9/5/23 8:12am EST) 

๐ŸŽ‚  HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Kimberly @KimberlyM389662 !!!

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Trusted Contributor

Thanks so much. My kids are also the reason I get up as well. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

3 comments (TUESDAY 9/5/23 9:18am EST) 

Dear Kimberly @KimberlyM389662 , we will have OUR MOMENTS of "giving up" - had MINE this weekend.

BUT TODAY I AM BACK ON TRACK! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

AND YOU ARE TOO!!! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Missed hearing from you. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

What a WONDRFUL SURPRISE hearing from you TODAY. ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Gold Conversationalist

Glad you are โ€œBACK ON TRACK!โ€๐Ÿ˜Š

BTW: Stay aware of & look out for updates on recently upgraded Tropical Storm Lee! Unfortunately it appears to be tracking to Florida & could be coming your way dear friend!

https://www.trackthetropics.com/lee-2023/

Lee is forecast to be a hurricane within a couple of days, and will likely become a major hurricane ๐ŸŒ€ by Fri.

Please stay vigilant & tuned to all local & state watches & warnings, OK?!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

It's ironic because Hurricane Idalia has the same name as a friend of mine and now, Lee which is my younger brother's name. He has a temper too, LOL.All joking aside, my brother is a Baltimore City lieutenant in the fire department for almost 25 years now and in a really bad part so I can imagine what he has seen over the years because I used to work in an inner city emergency room and I know what I saw. 

Silver Conversationalist

You can't give up Nicole. What would we do? Take care and have a good day!

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (TUESDAY 9/5/23 8:08am EST)

Lol Kimberly @KimberlyM389662 that's a MAN for you!!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Trusted Contributor

Yup. Sprawled out and not wanting to do anything, LOL. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP