Periodic Contributor

My mom passed away

On October 29, 2021 my mom passed away surrounded by family. She had congestive heart failure and was 82. She had 2 children, 5 grandchildren, and 2 great-grandchildren. Her great granddaughter is 3 months old and her great grandson is 2 weeks old and she never got to meet him. She was my best friend...

Periodic Contributor

I just recently lost my mom, too. I feel the same way. As I prepare her obituary and look through her pictures, I find myself reframing our relationship and how I think of her—not as the sick woman she was for so long, but younger, even as the nursing student she once was. Had I been her peer, we would have had the best time! I think we will continue to grow and change together. I’m so grateful for that and for the sendoff in life she gave me. I wish you comfort in dealing with your loss and grappling with all the transitions—the physical, the emotional… My belief is that she has met her new great-grandson and will continue to be in and out of her loved ones’ lives.

Social Butterfly

I am so sorry for your loss, @CynthiaM250211 ; I was not lucky enough to have the relationship you had with your Mom; very envious. Know that her greatness is you and that will continue through your children and grand-children, and it will be glorious!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Regular Contributor

Sorry for your loss. I know how  you feel to lose your mother who you also say was your best friend, I felt the same way when I lost my mother. My prayers to you and your family. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health