Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

My Daughter was Killed I Know How They Feel

Regular Social Butterfly

My Daughter was Killed I Know How They Feel

My 3rd child my Daughter was killed and she left a 19 mo old baby. 

My heart aches all over again every time I see all these Parents having a child killed. The agony of waiting  to hear if your child is wounded or dead.

I had a knock a the door with 3 Police Officers and I knew before they even told me. I wailed on the floor for an hour and begged them to shoot me and  nooooooo not her.

The best we can all do is a day a time, at our own pace. I did have 3 yrs therapy, and Compassionate Friends. I had Court cases and had to deal w/that beforeI got to even grieve.  

We don't know these parents so all we can do is pray and hope it doesn't happen again. As for me I pray often my other 2 children and my spouse are always safe. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
AARP Expert

@angeleyes64 I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm so glad you found Compassionate Friends. They are a wonderful group that supports people who have lost a child - whether it's your child, niece, nephew, grandchild, a friend's child. We lost my 19 year old niece to suicide 5 years ago, so I know the journey of grief. It's unpredictable and life will never be the same. Heartbreak leaves wounds. 

Thank you for sharing your story - in doing so you help others. And thank you for sharing your philosophy too - Carpe Diem! Every moment is precious. 

Take care,

Amy Goyer, AARP Family & Caregiving Expert

Author, Juggling Life, Work and Caregiving and

Color Your Way Content When Caring for Loved Ones

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

Angeleyes, I am so sorry to read of your daughter's passing.  As she is mourned and missed, I am extending empathy and prayers for comfort to you and everyone who loves her for all of your days.

Amanda Singleton
All posts are intended to convey general information only and not to provide legal advice or opinions. The posting and viewing of the information in this community should not be construed as, and should not be relied upon for, legal or tax advice in any particular circumstance or fact situation. The information presented may not reflect the most current legal developments. An attorney should be contacted for advice on specific legal issues. Nothing written in this community is intended to create an attorney‑client relationship. An attorney-client relationship may only be established through direct attorney‑to‑client communication that is confirmed by the execution of an engagement agreement.
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP