Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Lost my wife 7/16/19

I lost my wife of 32 years at the age of 66. She suffered from Frontal Lobe Dementia diagnosed at 59. This is the cruelest disease I have witness in my life. Not only have I lost my wife, I have also struggled with losing the person i was the chief caregiver of for 6.5 years. I did not realize how I would miss that part! Praying for Gods strength!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Frank, I will pray for you. I lost my wife of almost 31 years in February this year to Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer. She was 58 years old and I miss her deeply. Surround yourself with people you love and keep active. I know what you mean about the caregiver part because it was done with love.  Remember the good times and put the negative ones out of your mind. May God give you comfort and strength.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I am so sorry for your loss of your wife, @FrankC990173 .

I am glad you reached out - many here know the place where you are right now.

I know the disease and I know you, as her caregiver, worked very hard and lovingly caring for her, both physically and emotionally, feeling very helpless at times.

She is at peace now, mind and body, free of all the disease manisfestations.

I know you will miss her terribly - grief is hard. 

Stay close to the people in your life that can help you walk this journey; ask for help - especially during those periods when it seems so unbearable.

With time, the good memories will override the time that was so difficult.

Remember her in those previous 25+ years that you had with each other when you laughed, played, maybe raised kids and lived life fully - together.

I will say a prayer for you wishing you peace & serenity on this journey of days.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I am definitely keeping Gods Word Close! Thank you for your prayers!
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Frank, welcome to the boards.

I am very sorry for your loss ...losses...on so many levels.

This particular forum has a number of poignant and supportive posts. You might want to read through the past several pages, they may give you some peace.

Best wishes

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you Fred, I will for sure.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP