Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Loss of my wife

It’s been almost  6 months since I lost my wife, each day and each night has been very difficult to go on without her.

I feel your pain I lost my wife to covid the day after her birthday ,the wake was on or should have been our 43 wedding anniversary my best friend since she 15 only saw her 5 days out of 47 days . still hurts like yesterday but I remember the good times and memory of her smile .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarioB66447 wrote:

I feel your pain I lost my wife to covid the day after her birthday ,the wake was on or should have been our 43 wedding anniversary my best friend since she 15 only saw her 5 days out of 47 days . still hurts like yesterday but I remember the good times and memory of her smile .

👋 I am so sorry for your loss @MarioB66447 😭

Regular Social Butterfly

@EugeneM424289 I read your post with tears in my eyes. This is a very painful time for you.

There is no timeline for mourning such a loss.

Have you read AARP's Coping With Loss — One Step at a Time

Also, I think contacting local AARP group might be helpful putting you in touch with others for discussions, advice and just comradery.

I hope you find ways to move forward. I know you miss her more than anything but she would want you to continue forward, I think...

hth

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP