Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Loss of husband and sister

Aust 5th my sister passed away unexpectedly and than on August 10th my husband passed away after a lengthy stay in the hospital.  My heart is broken as I lost my 2 best friends.  Its very hard  to understand all of this.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Dear Pam,

I am so sorry to read of your losses.  To lose a loved one is always hard.  But to lose two very significant loved ones and then loosing them within a few days of each other,  can be ultimately devastating.  So again you have my condolences.

Now, in addition to reading through the forums relative to loss and grieving as suggested by another poster, I recommend a very good book which has helped me greatly as I have sorted through my own grief and pain at many, many losses over the past few years.  The title of the book is Grief Day by Day: Simple Practices and Daily Guidance for Living with Loss by Jan Warner.  I hope it blesses you!

May God bless and strengthen you day by day.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good morning, Pam!

I thought of you this morning and said a prayer.  I hope you are doing okay.  Just wanted you to know that even though you may feel yourself alone in your grief, you're not!  Cuz, I for one, am here and you are even now in my thoughts and prayers.  Reach out any time.

Lydia

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank u Lydia.  Very thoughtful of you.  It is very hard but it does help to have people like you around and my family and friends.  Very helpful.

Have a wonderful day!  I live in Orland Park, Illinois which is a suburb of Chicago.  The weather is so beautiful, sunny in the 50 and 60s.  Nice to go out and get fresh air before we get our cold cold winters here in Chicago.  What part of the country do u live?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Pam, I am so sorry for your losses. Two hard blows, compounding each other.

If I can offer any suggestion, I found a number of the posts in this forum on loss to be very wise, very supportive, and very sympathetic. You may find some comfort just in reading through this forum and replies.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank you.  Just started this so I need to go in and read.  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP