Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ก Just For TODAY!

๐Ÿ‘ค   Please REACH OUT to *1* GRIEVING person.

(A) Email/text/call (B) Visit (C) Invite to do something fun (D) Babysit/help around their house.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Recognized Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Based on my circle of friends, I have an expanded perception of a grieving person. One who has lost a home in a storm, one who has lost the ability to engage in activities due to a physical ailment, and one who is aware that their brain is not functioning as it once did. Even though they are not grieving the death of a loved one, they are grieving a loss. If you have someone like this in your circle, reach out to them too. ๐Ÿ™‚

Marcy

Silver Conversationalist

Beautifully said.

0 Kudos

๐Ÿ‘ฃ  1 Step At A Time!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I had a good day yesterday - volunteering, visiting an elderly neighbor, and having dinner with a fellow widow's club member. I hope everyone else found some ways to make the holiday a little bit brighter.

Marcy 

Kudos
Views

(1 comment) Say no to what drains you further, say yes to what might offer even the smallest respite or support.

Bronze Conversationalist

Amen to this @SpringIsHereSoHappy !

Marcy

Kudos
Views

(2 comments) Make an appointment for a massage.

*** My daughter gets them all the time. Me, never had one. What about YOU? ๐Ÿค” ***

Bronze Conversationalist

I got one. Before my sister's wedding. All the bridesmaids. I wasn't impressed. But then my generation of women didn't get massages, pedicures etc. I've never gotten a pedicure. I don't like the idea of some poor girl bending over my feet. If I can pay for a pedicure it should be me helping her up from her feet. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Getting a pedicure may well be helping that person to get up on their feet. It is how they make their living. That being said, I haven't had that many in my lifetime and I got my first one as a gift for my wedding in 2000. They are quite relaxing and there is a benefit to having human touch.

Marcy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

i came across a book of poems and one on grief was very meaningful..Because it was so long I didn't copy it but the name of the book is "History Will Remember When The World Stopped" (during the pandemic)by Donna Ashworth...One line that resonated is ..."Remember grief is the price you pay for Love devine; The stronger the Love the deeper the grief but Love, Love will always win in the end! 

(1 comment) Spend time with a pet.

Bronze Conversationalist

I was invited earlier in the week by another griever to join a group of us at a location on the intracoastal. It is later today and I am hoping it will be a nice diversion and social outing for all of us.

Marcy

Kudos
Views

(1 comment) Think of something you want that is available; then make a plan to get it.

Bronze Conversationalist

My idea of socializing has changed to what I feel up to at the time. I feel I'm social every day in some way or other. Cooking can be tiring now. I make up a batch of pasta and keep in fridge. It can be eaten cold or heated. Ready made salads are good options. Baked potato, veg, frozen fish or tenderloin is easy and nutritious. Not eating can lead to depression. I know its not easy to keep going. But you need your strength. The Grief site needs you! We all struggle with these types of things. 

(1 comment) Celebrate small accomplishments like eating breakfast. (So many of us have lost our appetites ๐Ÿ˜ฅ)

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Good suggestion Nicole. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy , I like this idea of a way to offer support. Grave site visits are times when people who are grieving often become very emotional. If the person is open to having someone with them, it could allow them to experience the emotion without being concerned about their ability to drive safely.

(1 comment) Plan a surprise for someone.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks Nicole @SpringIsHereSoHappy . I did just that. We aren't sure whether we will do something tomorrow or Sunday. It depends how rainy it is tomorrow.โ˜”๏ธ

Marcy

(1 comment) Make a list of things you feel guilty about. Consider where you can make amends.

Bronze Conversationalist

When you are grieving, there are times you are so distraught that it can be difficult to even know what you need. You can try throwing out some offers of things you can do for the grieving person and maybe they will hear an idea that would really help them.

(3 comments) Lie down and relax. Close your eyes.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Just wanted to let you know I have missed hearing from you. I hope all is going well in your new home.

Marcy

(1 comment) Be kind to yourself, and rest when you need to.

Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole,

I was concerned about you, missed your presence, and was frustrated that I had no way to contact you. So glad you are near your daughter and back among us!๐Ÿค—

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ‘ค   Please REACH OUT to *1* GRIEVING person.

(A) Email/text/call (B) Visit (C) Invite to do something fun (D) Babysit/help around their house.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) It ALWAYS brings a "smile" to my face when you stop by to see us mc6844 , Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โ–ถ๏ธ@mc6844 wrote:

It's good to drop into this group and see how you all are doing. I love to see you having good days. They help to offset the tiring days! Take care.โ—€๏ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you and I smile when I see everyone's posts. Even though it's a challenge to smile about some things, and we don't always smile. It's good to be reminded to see how others are doing. Take care.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP