Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“š Grief & Loss Books!

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

(1) Have YOU read any books that has/is HELPING YOU? ๐Ÿค”

(2) Check out the books OTHER MEMBERS have mentioned.

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Thank you SO MUCH Carolyn @CarolynS674392 , Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

โžก๏ธ@CarolynS674392 wrote:

I just put one on hold for myself at the library.  I saw the author on a video but I haven't even read it yet, so I will wait to see if I recommend it.  It's actually more about finding out who you are after widowhood.  The author is a widow herself.  I'll let you know more later.โฌ…๏ธ

Conversationalist

I am going to pick it up at the library tomorrow.  The author is involved in Soaring Spirits and Camp Widow.  The book gets a lot of good reviews on amazon.  It's called "Different After You:  Redisovering yourself after Grief and Trauma" by Michele Neff Hernandez.  I wonder if anyone here has read it and found it helpful.

Bronze Conversationalist

Carolyn @CarolynS674392

I did read the book and found it to be helpful. I hope it was beneficial reading for you as well.

Marcy

Conversationalist

Hi Nicole.  Just received Widow to Widow today.  Looking forward to reading it.  April is going to be a very hard month for me and I hope this book will help.  Thank You for all the CARE and LOVE you show to all of us on this site.

Honored Social Butterfly

Iโ€™m hoping it helps you. My tip is donโ€™t just read it cover to cover, just focus on whichever chapter covers where youโ€™re at in the moment. That helped me so much

Conversationalist

"I wasn't ready to say goodbye".  I found it in my local library.  Covers different situations in various chapters.

Trusted Contributor

I'm reading that book as well and have found it to be a life saver.

Bill

Trusted Social Butterfly

This sits on my coffee table and it's my go to book from time to time. It has given me the strength to fact the loss of my husband recently. A book to pick up and read as each problem comes along..It gives you insight and understanding as to how we face things differently...

Trusted Social Butterfly

The book I go to when I need to deal with things that come up is "I Wasn't ready To Say Goodbye" by Brook Noel &i Pamela D. Blair, PhD..It deals with all phases of grief..

Honored Social Butterfly

A dear friend gave me a book that was her Moms called โ€œWidow to widowโ€ by Genevieve Davis Ginsburg. It is divided into helpful chapters for all the challenges one faces when losing a husband. It also is a book that you can jump around and read the section you need the most. It has helped me immensely. Amazon has it

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you.

Conversationalist

I'll look for it in the library.  Thanks.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP