Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Death of my husband

recently lost my husband after stage 4 lung cancer diagnosis. He was gone on two weeks and I feel lost.

Regular Contributor

I am so so sorry for your loss. I will take tiime to get through it.. You go through all stages. You feel lost than angry. Why did this happen you will ask yourself over and  over. I lost my husband after 37 years of marriage. He was only 69 to lung and than brain cancer. I HATE CANCER !!!!!!!!  I still think about all the good things we did together. Try to think about all the positive things you had with him. It will take time... Go at your own speed....God is always with you..... Take Care....

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I lost my husband due to complications after lung transplant 4 months ago. I still cannot come to terms with his death and have dreams that his death was not real, that was in fact a dream.

I know I have to adjust to my new situation but it will take time. Right now I cry at any mention of him, and I have to accept it will take time to heal. There are books on grief and healing on Amazon, and I just downloaded one called 'Healing after Loss' by Martha Hichman. I haven't read it yet but it has very good reviews. I will post my review after I've read it.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The loss of a family member can be very painful but we can draw comfort from the Bible because it provides a guarantee from our Creator that our deceased loved ones have a hope of a resurrection.  This promise is found at John 5:28, 29.  The Bible also assures us that there is no suffering after death.  In fact, the Bible likens death to sleep.  Jesus did so when he resurrected Lazarus. [John 11:11] Nine resurrections are recorded in the Bible and they unquestionably build faith in a hope only Almighty God can provide. If you would like additional information, please access the website jw.org where Bible questions are answered.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I am sincerely  sorry for your loss.. I lost my husband 5 yrs ago today also to lung cancer and than to the brain..  We went through 2yrs of Chemo and radiation than it was in the brain and another 6 weeks of radiation.. Finished all that and went on hospice ...I took care of him at home.. It takes a long time to get pass this lose . I am still trying to move forward but at times its very lonely..YOU MUST TAKE YOUR TIME AND GRIEF FOR HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES YOU... WITH FAMILY SUPPORT SOMETIMES IT HELPS... I TRULY UNDERSTAND YOUR LOSS And I wish YOU THE BEST ON YOUR NEXT JOURNEY IN LIFE...GO SLOW !!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

I am so sorry for your loss. I had a sister who met a guy at 15, married at 21, he died when he was about 78. She was devastated. She had a stroke before that but could talk, she gave up trying to walk after he died. She cried all the time.
I'd suggest finding a support group in your area to go to. I went to 2 and a therapist when our daughter was killed, they DO work.
Again I'm so sorry, I'll tell you what stuck in my head at my daughters funeral from my Brother-In Law,
TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF. It's 1 day at a time, at your pace, no one else's, do not let anyone rush you, it takes time.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP