Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Trusted Contributor

Challenging times.

Right now, I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or break things because I'm so angry. I know these are normal emotions but right now I am in such a funk that honestly, I don't know how to get out of it. Some positive posts, suggestions, and inspiration would be greatly appreciate it right now. I need some positively in my life because, right now I think it really sucks to be me.

Conversationalist

Hi, Kimberly, I really know how you feel.  It is now almost 2 years since my husband has passed and I am still on an emotional roller coaster as well.  Anger is something I experienced as well early on based on poor medical treatment my husband received, etc.  Journaling helped get some of my anger out on paper in a safe environment.  I also wrote several letters to my late husband and that helped since we had a number of unresolved issues.  What also worked for me was to try to remember those who helped us during the caregiving days and afterwards.  Those were dark days, but again if you start reflecting on those times, you start to remember there were some small rays of light (won't say sunshine).  I confronted those dark times by reaching out and thanking those who helped my husband and me.  Gratitude can be very healing both for you and others around you who are also grieving.  Also take breaks throughout the day, take a walk, listen to music, garden or anything else that takes you into the present.  As they say the Gift of God is the Present.  That is where our "happiness" happens.  This is a struggle, but if you try any of these activities you may start to find the comfort and peace we all need as we move forward.  This site helps a lot and I'm always glad when I read the posts.  I had to actually chuckle when one of our kindred spirits responded to you and shared her experience living in an Irish home.  Not being Irish, I was surprised by her comments since I thought most Irish were fun loving.  On the other hand, they do call their wars with England the "Troubles."  Ironic.  Maybe we are also going through our own "Troubles."  Loss of a loved one is a life altering experience and I wish you a safe journey.  We are here for you.  Your friend in grief, Sue

Esteemed Social Butterfly

(1 comment) JOY is what happens to us when WE allow ourselves to recognize how GOOD things really are.

Marianne Williamson.

Silver Conversationalist

That looks like a nice peaceful location!

1 comment (Monday 9/25/23)

YOU are in my thoughts TODAY Kimberly @KimberlyM389662 !

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

Kudos
Views
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Nicole. I could really use some suggestions. I know that they say things like stay busy, do things around the house, etc, but it's not a I don't want to do it, it's more a do I want to deal with the pain because I always overdue it. If I start something then I want to finish it and when I don't I get upset with myself. My Mom is my rock for everything and she helps me a lot. She tells me to look at what was done but she is the same way and feels bad when she doesn't get as much done as she also wants to. At least I have Beasley and my son. 

Silver Conversationalist

The good news is that life is ever changing. It helps me to realize I won't be here forever. A known poem says "whatever good you can do, do it now..."   I know it's not easy to think this way when you're suffering. But you're still here for a reason Kimberly. Your daughter needs you. Beasley does too. Pet places have so many events for dogs. Where you can be with new and different people who share a common interest. And Beasley can meet new pals! Just go slow. Do what you feel up to. You'll find things that will make you happy again. Take care!

1 comment (Saturday 9/23/23)

Hello dear sweet Kimberly @KimberlyM389662 , we seem to be on the SAME schedule.

I too have been dealing with negative thoughts TODAY and what helps me is to find the LITTLE things that bring me some CALM.

Some folks pray, I talk to my only child.

Nicole ๐Ÿค—

โœ@KimberlyM389662 wrote:

Right now, I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or break things because I'm so angry. I know these are normal emotions but right now I am in such a funk that honestly, I don't know how to get out of it. Some positive posts, suggestions, and inspiration would be greatly appreciate it right now. I need some positively in my life because, right now I think it really sucks to be me.โœ

Silver Conversationalist

Nicole  I hope you feel better. I always have to strive for the positive. I grew up in an Irish family. Talk about negativity! The effects of the potato famine have been long lasting. Lol. But the Irish are also a welcoming wonderful people of humor. I always have to make an effort towards the positive.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP