Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ“‹ Be gentle with yourself!

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

***READ comments and/or comment***

How are YOU being GENTLE with YOURSELF? ๐Ÿค”

Grief is exhausting. WE need to care for our body during periods of intensive stress.

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

***READ comments and/or comment***

How are YOU being GENTLE with YOURSELF? ๐Ÿค”

Grief is exhausting. WE need to care for our body during periods of intensive stress.

Grief & Loss Team ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Nicole @Anonymous,

Today I did some physical activity, had lunch with a friend, called a relative that I hadn't spoken to for a while, and spent some quiet time reading. It felt good to take care of myself in multiple ways. I'd like to think that there were others who benefitted as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

Grief doesn't go away overnight. It also can't be replaced with something else. You can't forget about almost 50 yrs of life. Or whatever amount of time you were with your loved ones, friends or family. It's more like slight shifts in things, instead of going from grief to no grief. And for each relationship there's different levels of grief and love. It's not only the loss of a person but a time of memories, good and not so good, to process. So being gentle with yourself is the only way to go. Take care all.

Bronze Conversationalist

There was a great story that went along with this quote, but I'm posting the quote in the hope that it may provide comfort to someone who reads it.

Everything you love will probably be lost, but in the end, love will return in another way.

--Franz Kafka

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Love will return in another way" - luv this part Marcy @MarcyW882921 . Just what I NEEDED to hear RIGHT NOW!!!

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

โ–ถ๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

There was a great story that went along with this quote, but I'm posting the quote in the hope that it may provide comfort to someone who reads it.

Everything you love will probably be lost, but in the end, love will return in another way.

--Franz Kafkaโ—€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I'm so glad! If you want to read the story just search for Franz Kafka story of a lost doll and you will find many versions of it.

Marcy

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will Marcy @MarcyW882921 , Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ

โ–ถ๏ธ@MarcyW882921 wrote:

I'm so glad! If you want to read the story just search for Franz Kafka story of a lost doll and you will find many versions of it.

Marcyโ—€๏ธ 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

.I try to stay on top of my sleep.

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Bronze Conversationalist

I agree. It's necessary to slow down. Although not easy. Take care Nicole. And all on this site. Hope you all have a good day.

Bronze Conversationalist

I eat well, hydrate, and exercise. I set time limits for things I know are difficult or challenging and I balance them with activities that are relaxing, fulfilling, or even joyful.

Bronze Conversationalist

I found this quote as I was going through some files yesterday...

"Grief teaches the steadiest of minds to waver." --Sophocles

Bronze Conversationalist

Sophocles. You have some files Marcy! I can hardly pronounce his name. lol.  But really, it's a great quote. The way I hear it is, life has no guarantees. And that grief is very hard in itself. Thank you for sharing. Take care.

Contributor

I agree 100%; letโ€™s remember this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(4 comments) I am LEARNING not to "beat" myself up when I have a day of NOT doing what I know I need to do! ๐Ÿ™„

I play "catch up" later that day, or next day or whenever I feel up to it.

EACH day is getting BETTER at "understanding" my HEALING is happening.....

Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Bronze Conversationalist

That isgood to hear Nicole. Thank you for sharing. Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(2 comments) You are welcome @mc6844 and I luv your thoughts on this topic, thank you Nicole ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

My grandmother used to say, "the house will be here after us" when we got overwhelmed with house tasks etc. She was right. Those houses are still there. Their former owners aren't. I really don't get lasting peace from a neat environment. It's more from what I put in my brain lol. I have a friend who always said,   "If I have peace I can think, and if I can think I'll know what to do each day."  Hope everyone is slowing down and taking care of themselves. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP