Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ•ฏ A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿค—

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

๐Ÿ“ธclipart attached๐Ÿ“ธ

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you One Step for all your efforts on the grief forum. I try to contribute daily. I think this forum is just what you said, a place for grieving. Where only grievers can fully understand the process. For it is a process with a beginning, middle, and an end. To me that doesn't mean the grieving is no more, but eventually gets taken up by life itself. The loved one never left but became part of our lives. Someday we shall meet in heaven. However for now coping with the loss brings new challenges. This is what this forum is for, to allow the grieving to air their pain and encourage the forward journey. I hope you all find something good in your day. Take care.

Conversationalist

I guess I am lonely.  I just want to write about how awesome and great my late husband was.  He made me laugh every day.  Before dinner, he would say "thank you for this wonderful meal made by my wonderful wife.  He was only 68 when he died suddenly.  We had 28 beautiful years of marriage.  I am younger than he and I still have both my parents.  I never lost anyone close to me and he was the closest person to me in the whole world.  People have said that we were always together and we were.  I have lost a part of me.

Periodic Contributor

I lost my wonderful husband last October. We were only married 6 years! We knew each for 15 years, but being married really made a difference in the way in how we cared for each other. We were long distance the first two years so really we just had 4 years together. Add a brain tumor diagnosis and we just had 2 "normal " years together.

It  is hard living alone; mostly not being able to share daily life with him anymore. We made our dreams come true and then whammo, they came  tumbling down. It breaks my heart to have lost him and for him to deteriorate over the 18 months.:{

Vena Edwards
Bronze Conversationalist

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I also lost my sweet husband in October.

The loss is bad enough, but having to watch the deterioration and suffering over time and not being able to do anything is pure torture. As you can tell, I have been there too.

I know my life is so much richer because my husband was in it and it sounds like that is the case for you too. My hope for us is that we will: treasure our memories, appreciate the fulfilling life we had with our husbands, and move forward as better people because of the time we had together.

With heartfelt sympathy,

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

Vena I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to see those you love and care for decline. That you were able to be there for him is something he truly treasured I'm sure. Take care. People here understand your pain.

Bronze Conversationalist

I'm so sorry for your loss Carolyn. Something good will happen for you today I'm sure. And people here understand what you're going through. Take care.

Silver Conversationalist

We Are ALWAYS Here For You TOO ๐Ÿ˜„

Conversationalist

Hi, Nicole and readers of this forum.  I wanted to share something I heard from my Bible Study today.  To make a long story short, I have reconciled and forgiven my church from pretty much abandoning me after my husband's funeral and the first Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Lent was not much better since the leaders could not really relate to those going through grief.  They pretty much viewed it as going alone.  Finding GriefShare during this empty time made all the difference.  Today, a number of the same church leaders bemoaned how everyone seems to have a mental health issue whether personally or someone they know.  What a surprise!  There is no bereavement program, although I encouraged starting one due to the high number of deaths since Covid or any real support, physically or mentally to the congregations.  The conversation confirmed what I experienced first-hand - a distant and aloof reaction to grief.  The only other person at this meeting was a widow like me who truly understood the need for support.  She and I were like voices in the wilderness, how fitting as we enter the season of Lent next month.  Mental health is a big issue and should be discussed openly and with actions like outreach, communications, true caring.  There is obviously an urgent need and I hope at least for this group this is a wakeup call.  I have already moved on from looking for support from them and am blessed that I have the support from the Grief Forum, GriefShare and a few similar minded individuals.  Thought this discussion was ironic and a sad state of affairs.  It is probably a microcosm of our greater society.  Just sharing.  Sue

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you Sue for sharing your experience. I'm sorry you experienced that abandonment. I've seen much of this in life. I believe fear is the cause. That the same uncomfortable situation will happen to them. Which of course someday it will. Even those in leadership have fears they can't speak to. When my husband was very ill he became upset and hurt that someone wasn't there for him. After a while I said, "you can't go to an empty well for water." I kept saying it. He finally got it. Made his peace about it. It helps to know that many people are very uncomfortable around the dying and death itself. I find reading about Hospice comforting. They have much experience in the before, during, and after in the loss of loved ones. It is wonderful you do your Bible study. I've always wanted to do that. Except I don't have patience for it. But I do find comfort in the Bible. I'm so happy you found this forum which takes the place of those who abandoned you in your time if need. Please remember your guardian angels are always with you. Take care.

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments(12/1/22) Be the things you loved most about the people who are gone. UNKNOWN.

Lots of HUGS for you and stop by if you need a shoulder to cry on or just an ear to listen. We are always here for you 24/7 (AARP is worldwide).

โžก๏ธTo reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON again.โฌ…๏ธ

Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐ŸคŽ (Grief & Loss Forum)

Conversationalist

That is something I like and will do. My dear husband was very saintly. I mean he was kind, gentle, humble, and just a wonderful person.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment(12/1/22) Sending lots and lots of luv and hugs your way @CarolynS674392 - Nicole ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Conversationalist

Thank you, Nicole.  My Dan is a role model of humility and gentleness and kindness for us all.  I try to emulate him.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP