Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Anonymous
Not applicable

🕯 A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

▶️To reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.◀️

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team 🤎🤗

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

📸clipart attached📸

Honored Social Butterfly

THINKING OF YOU  🤗🤗🤗

@DianeB887812 @MarcyW882921 @Cadee2719 @mc6844 @jonibee 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

[Friday 7/19/24 12:46am ET]

How are you?  🤔

As soon as I feed the cat, I will be climbing back into bed. Lol, need to catch up sleep BEFORE the Weekend From H.ll compliments of the folks ABOVE me.

Everyone FIND YOUR PEACE.

Luv you guys,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

‌‌‌👋  WELCOME!!!  We are happy you stopped by to see us.

[1] Stop by to chat when you feel up to it. WE share OUR good  💃💃💃  and/or bad news.  😭😭😭  There is life outside of grieving and we share that along with our grief. Members HELPING Members.

[2] NO rules/stress/drama or judgement here.

[3] We support EVERYONE who stops by.

[4] Nicole stops by EVERY DAY to wish everyone Good Morning, Goodnight and to share whatever is going on in her life EACH DAY. YOU are ALWAYS welcome to do the same.  👍👍👍

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌[5] Free AARP "Grief & Loss" Online Events EVERY MONTH for members and non-members. Nicole posts the dates and times.

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

*** Any questions, hit reply button below, enter your question and hit reply button again ***

Grief & Loss Team  ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

(1 comment) WHAT'S YOUR WEATHER LIKE?  🤔

Here in Cave Spring, Virginia    getting ready to STORM again.  😭😭😭

Time to dig out my PIG brand water absorbent mats for in front of my front door INSIDE.

Not sure what Mr.  🐈  will be doing, but I WILL be TRYING the huge plastic container for his food on my porch. I would put it UNDER my car during storm but the parking lot has guess what - NO DRAINAGE, so it floods.

Anyway, storms for several days and this OLD lady and the OTHER old lady (2006 Hyundai Elantra) is staying home and INSIDE. Lol, no need to go FLOATING down my hill or cannot come up hill.

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I got a little wet this morning at the dog park but the rest of the day was dry. I’m used to hot and humid and I’m getting plenty of that. But mornings are pretty nice. There is an ocean breeze that cools things in the morning and evenings. So it’s just nice typical Florida weather. August is when the real fun starts with the tropical storms. It is supposed to be a busy hurricane season this year. We will see. 

Honored Social Butterfly

🐕  (1 comment) Diane @DianeB887812 I am totally looking forward to when you get another dog. Do you want male or female or does NOT matter. Puppy, teen or adult?

🐕  Jeremiah (Jack Russell) was my Walking Buddy and Best Pal. Still miss my boy.

I found this on Google, lol - you luv those feisty little dogs. They are SO CUTE and when the time comes, let me know IF you need me to post how to post pictures of him/her.

The Chihuahua is a small dog breed that originated in Mexico. They are known for being intelligent, loyal, and loving. They are also considered to be good companions and lap dogs.

Chihuahuas have a domed skull, large ears, and short muzzles. Their eyes are round and large, and they have a long tail that they carry over their back. Their coats can come in almost any color and pattern.

Chihuahuas can range in temperament from feisty and outgoing to shy and timid.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I had two white chihuahuas up to December of last year. They loved going for walks with me. Everyone that met us along the way were very surprised at how well behaved they were. I got them from a breeder as babies. I had three previous dogs that were mixed breeds and came from the pound. Those dogs all had issues due to their poor experiences in their early lives. I have always loved all my dogs no matter what issues they had, but those two chihuahuas were special to Stephen and I. They were our babies. 
I will probably get a fur baby next year. I need to get myself in a good mind set so that I can raise my new puppy without any social issues. Dogs are very sensitive to their owners mental state and can be affected by an unbalanced owner. 

Honored Social Butterfly

▶️*** EDITED.

THOSE NAPS - Lol, I was watching PBS and I remember Father Brown BEFORE passing out.

Just woke from a much needed nap after being AWAKE until 1am then up at 6am THIS MORNING to ▶️*** feed the cat.

OPENED my door, he was ready to come in. Now he is GROOMING!!!

Nicole  ‌🤗‌‌🤗‌‌🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

ANYONE ELSE DOING SOME ME TIME???

📸  Attachment  📸  Lol, put my hubbie outside, back under my car. Well let's say I SHUT my door when he left AFTER his nap and went under my car.

Either way, TIME FOR MY PBS BINGE TIME.

Nicole  🙃🙃🙃

Screenshot_20240718-141821_PBS.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

(4 comments) Marcy @MarcyW882921 you know I am DYING to know about your acupuncture  🤔🤔🤔

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

I had my third appointment with the acupuncturist on Tuesday. This morning I was awakened at 3:45 with pain that is typically indicative of a whopper migraine to come. I used the acupressure seeds that she placed on my ear, put my heatpack on my head and was able to grab a couple more hours of sleep before it happened again. Here is the great news...I got up, did the seeds again, had breakfast, hung out on the couch for about an hour AND the whopping headache did not materialize!! I am hopeful that this treatment might be working.

Marcy

Periodic Contributor

That is wonderful news @MarcyW882921 !!!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

(1 comment) I HOPE so dear Marcy @MarcyW882921  🤗🤗🤗

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Me too Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT .❤️

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Cadee @Cadee2719  🤗🤗🤗

Hello SummerIsTooHOT,
Cadee2719 thinks your post is awesome and just gave you kudos!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Marcy @MarcyW882921 stopped by  💃💃💃

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

📰  I nearly didnot make it to my car to head to Dollar Tree earlier.

Now back and yes sitting in front of my HUGE Walmart fan I bought in 2018 when I moved here.

And yes, I bought a BACKUP fan this year 2024 as NOT sure how long they last.

Anyway, back to my TRYING to get to my car.

The sun is out now but it was POURING earlier. So here I am hanging onto my umbrella and had just got the pain in my a.s door locked - heading down my steps to car.

Up pops Mr. FROM under my car and NOT wanting to get WET.  🙄🙄🙄

Hmmm, dude I need to go.

So I go back into my apt, grab his ex-megamansion (plastic container) and put it back OUTSIDE with his food.

Oh NO, he refuses to leave my apt and go chill in it.

I had to bring out my broom.

Lol, he looks at me like I am NOT scared of you or the broom and pushes back on the broom.

But I still luv him.  🤗🤗🤗

Anyway, FINALLY get him back OUTSIDE praying he does NOT go back UNDER my car.

He didnot - walked over to Roz's Jeep.Nice lady, feeds him and has an indoor cat named Sweetie. My girl.

He is back here with me, fed him and catching his Handsome Nap.

I am DRYING out the plastic container outside, hopefully sun stays awhile.

MORE storms for several more days.  😭😭😭

Oh, the Dollar Tree cashier asked me if I had a SPOILT cat/lol. I told her about him. So NOT running out of cat food AGAIN. Max is here again and I guess didnot feed him. Oh well, I am NOW stocked up moving forward.

I was DREADING driving in the rain but EVERYONE was SO NICE at store. A lady even gave me her shopping cart as there were NONE. She had it full of bags - shopping for the grandkids she said.

Luv you guys,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

🐈  He needs to hire a housekeeper/lol  📸  Attachment  📸  I DO NOT like doing MY dishes. Note my apt number on dish drawer. They can't keep maintenance over the years (poor pay) and we get crack heads who luv to STEAL from apts. Hey, I "is" retired and on a fixed income = sorry, cannot support the addict.

20240718_095413.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you AARP @AARPConsumerCare for getting your Email Glitch FIXED!!!

Please tell Bruce I said hello. One AWESOME AARP ConsumerCare Employee. Cares about us and ALWAYS helpful and professional.

Lol, now to HOPE glitch does NOT return.  🙄🙄🙄

Have an AWESOME DAY, I am.  💃💃💃

Nicole 👵

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

🐈  You know what - this cat has SAVED my life literally!!!  🤗🤗🤗

Lol, TODAY I need to pick up MORE cat food as I guess Max is being himself and NOT filling the bowl his mom (Ms. G) use to fill for the cat. My boy ate 3 packs YESTERDAY, usually just 1 pack for his breakfast at 6am. Which he may finish or snack on later.

He still SITS over there begging as they give him people food. Lol, my dry cat food menu is a LAST option.  😂🤣

THIS MORNING after finally falling asleep at 1am, it took some time for it to register that my TWO 6am alarms were going off to feed him.

When I FINALLY stumbled to door to let him in, lol - I got an ear full.

Anyway, we are getting COMFORTABLE with each other and I have learn't to WAIT for him to come IN & OUT to snack (online say they have very tiny stomachs) and then once full/digested heads out for the day.

I have a box in door to keep slightly open while I lay on my bed to WAKE UP. 6am EVERY DAY.  😱😱😱

But he is worth it...

Nicole  🐈

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

(2 comments) OUR Diane @DianeB887812 stopped by  💃💃💃

Hmmm, a 3:53am ET post = you must have been like me, up when we should be sleeping.  🤔

I luv the dog park idea and SOON we will be hearing about your NEXT furbaby.  👍👍👍

Good luck with releasing his ashes and I seem to remember you mentioning some at the dog park too. Or am I having a Senior Moment?  🙄

Yes, you have to drive for yourself and the OTHER drivers. And I tell my daughter to LET them do their thing even IF she has the RIGHT OF WAY = not worth being shot at.  😱😱😱

Luv you,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My bladder does not let me sleep in sometimes. Once I’m up it’s for the whole day. BIG sigh. 

The good news is I got to the dog park. The bad news is it then started raining. So I’ll just have to try again this weekend. The one person I talked with let me know that a lot of familiar faces both two legged and four are waiting at the rainbow bridge. BIG sigh. 

In Florida you have to watch out for the Q-tips driving as if no one else is on the road. I think I may have joined their ranks. As time goes by my concentration will get better. Till then I’ll try to be on my best behavior.

And yes a dash of Stephen will go to the park. The grass can always use a bit of fertilizer. 😉

Honored Social Butterfly

Lol Diane @DianeB887812 , I got a flashlight to see my way to my bathroom at night.  😂🤣

Well you made an EFFORT and that is what counts.

Rain here today and several days. Really depressing but WORKING on ways to CANCEL this as I HEAL.

And YES, that is WHY we need to make time for people we CARE about. I DREAD the day Mr. MAY die before me = making EACH DAY SPECIAL for him.

Luv you,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

[*** DIANE wrote: My bladder does not let me sleep in sometimes. Once I’m up it’s for the whole day. BIG sigh. 

The good news is I got to the dog park. The bad news is it then started raining. So I’ll just have to try again this weekend. The one person I talked with let me know that a lot of familiar faces both two legged and four are waiting at the rainbow bridge. BIG sigh. 

In Florida you have to watch out for the Q-tips driving as if no one else is on the road. I think I may have joined their ranks. As time goes by my concentration will get better. Till then I’ll try to be on my best behavior.

And yes a dash of Stephen will go to the park. The grass can always use a bit of fertilizer. 😉  ***]

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

1 comment [Thursday 7/18/24 12:44am ET]

How are YOU?  🤔

Lol, I have been up all night!!! 😂🤣

And bet when my 2 alarms (yes, two  🙄) go off at 6am to FEED you know who is when I will be asleep.

It stormed last night and I hope he was under someone's vehicle.

It passed for now and maybe he will surface to sleep as usual on my porch.

Plan for TODAY, last of 4 Dollar Trees hoping this one will have my hair oil or it will be Sally's I guess.

Everyone FIND YOUR PEACE.

Luv you guys,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Good morning speedy. I have now got my car paperwork in my name. That allows me to get a parking sticker for the dog park. Guess where I plan to go today. I just want to say hi to folks that knew Stephen and I and let them know he is gone. I’ll get to pet lots of dogs too. 

Next on my list is to take a boat ride off shore and release his ashes into the ocean

That is where Phil went and that is where I want to go. We will all be together. And no matter where friends or family live, they can find their way to a beach and visit us.

On the subject of poor driving habits, while I was driving back and forth to dyalisis treatments and then the hospital and finally the hospice, I ran stop signs and turned when I was not supposed to I can not tell you how many times. And I have never in my life ever been in an accident or gotten a ticket. I just did not have my mind on my driving. Dangerous. I still have to keep watch on myself. My mind wanders and sometimes I look around and have no idea where I am. So I’m staying home as much as possible. 

when I was grieving my first husband I had to go back to working after two weeks. I got totally lost on my way to work one morning   

So please everyone be carful driving. Sometimes you just have to, but try to concentrate on the driving extra hard. Or better yet get somone else to do the driving for now. 

STAY SAFE!!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

📸  Attachment  📸  You guys made my day VERY SPECIAL today. Thank you SO MUCH for chatting. Time to go empty the bin in my Utility Room before it overflows.  🙄🙄🙄  Mr. left out after his nap. Did come over to lay on my toes. Lol, I guess guilt hit him = Mom is ALWAYS there for you when other humans donot feed you. Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

rainy-day-good-morning-rainy-day.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

SO GLAD EVERYONE IS DOING SELF CARE!!! KEEP IT UP PLEASE. THIS IS YOUR TIME AFTER YEARS (OR LESS) OF BEING A CAREGIVER.  ‌👍‌‌👍👍

Please UPDATE when you can (anymore appointments?  🤔)

Thanks my friends,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

[1] Cadee @Cadee2719 - NOVEMBER appointment.

[2] Jonibee @jonibee - SEPTEMBER appointment.

[3] My bloodwork is JULY 24th. My 6-month Dental Cleaning in AUGUST. My 1st Bone Density in NOVEMBER.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Diane @DianeB887812 - looks like we back in biz = getting our emails again  🤗🤗🤗

Hello SummerIsTooHOT,
DianeB887812 thinks your post is awesome and just gave you kudos!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Cadee @Cadee2719 , looks like AARP fixed the email glitch  🤗🤗🤗

Hello SummerIsTooHOT,
Cadee2719 thinks your post is awesome and just gave you kudos!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP