Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

🕯 A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

🕯 A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

▶️To reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.◀️

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team 🤎🤗

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

📸clipart attached📸

Honored Social Butterfly

📸  Attachment  📸  OUR Kim @KimberlyM389662 should have left YESTERDAY (Saturday) for her Ocean City VACATION  💃💃💃

Any OTHER vacations???

vacation.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Diane @DianeB887812 stopped by  💃💃💃

Lol, just wait until they DO NOT arrive!!!  🤣😂

Glad they were in SPAM and you knew to check - smart lady, I "is" impressed.

Hmmm, glad you are using UBER. I will for my Cataract Surgery IF I am still here in Virginia in a few years. Right now they are medium and doctor said it would be awhile before they get large = needing surgery.

Watch me FORGET  🙄🙄🙄,  thanks for the HEADS UP my friend.  👍👍👍

Luv you and SO PROUD of you. Why? You are ON TOP of your SELF CARE.

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

🐈🐱  What a life he has!!! Now to wait to see IF he returns for MORE food and/or water BEFORE putting up his food in PLASTIC. Yes, ants.

They say they (cats) SNACK.

Lol, I think he went to go see IF there is any chicken on Ms. Geraldine's porch.  🤣😂

I had gone into my kitchen while he was in front of my door grooming AFTER snacking. I came back, he was GONE.

Now since his UNDER the bed thing, I checked there before closing my door. Also checked my bathroom and walk in closet. He luvs to walk around like he owns the place like Cadee @Cadee2719 had said. Oh, need to get some CHILD PROOF LOCKS for the cabinets BELOW my kitchen sink. He OPENS them.  😱😱😱  I have cleaning stuff in there. Glad I caught him the 1st time so I KNOW he can open them.

Okay, nearly 6:30am - time to CRAWL back into bed.

Nicole  🐈🐱

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

📸  Attachment  📸  I think I got ALL of the upcoming Medical Appointments but let me know IF I missed any. Lol, you know I "is" VERY OLD. Thanks  🤗🤗🤗

[1] I know Cadee @Cadee2719 has a NOVEMBER one.

[2] I posted BOTH Diane's @DianeB887812 and Jonibee's @jonibee appointments (this month JULY and SEPTEMBER).

[3] My bloodwork is July 24th. My 1st Bone Density in NOVEMBER.

[4] MC @mc6844 ???

[5] Marcy @MarcyW882921 ???

[6] Allen @Therapist4u 

*** SO GLAD EVERYONE IS DOING SELF CARE!!! KEEP IT UP PLEASE. THIS IS YOUR TIME AFTER YEARS (OR LESS) OF BEING A CAREGIVER.  👍👍👍

Luv you ALL,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

on-my-way-snoopy.gif

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Dear STRONG Jonibee @jonibee , not too much longer for your surgery. WE hope you will let us know how you are doing AFTER. As usual, NO PRESSURE to do this!!!  🤗🤗🤗

[*** JONIBEE wrote: My surgery is on Sept. 6th a 4 step plan..first a mapping of vein via ultrasound./surgery/followup week later then 2 weeks another follow up..So four viits to outpatient of medical bldg..Then the other leg about a month later same process..I wish it could be sooner but that's the way it is...Thank You for thinking of me.. ***]
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good luck TOMORROW Diane @DianeB887812  🤗🤗🤗

[*** DIANE wrote: Eyes Monday. Heart Tuesday. I’ll report after each. Not expecting any big news.  ***]
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

‌‌‌👋  WELCOME!!!  We are happy you stopped by to see us.

[1] Stop by to chat when you feel up to it. WE share OUR good  💃💃💃  and/or bad news.  😭😭😭

[2] NO rules or judgement here.

[3] We support EVERYONE who stops by.

[4] Nicole stops by EVERY DAY to wish everyone Good Morning, Goodnight and to share whatever is going on in her life EACH DAY. YOU are ALWAYS welcome to do the same.  👍👍👍

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌[5] Free AARP "Grief & Loss" Online Events EVERY MONTH for members and non-members. Nicole posts the dates and times.

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

*** Any questions, hit reply button below, enter your question and hit reply button again ***

Grief & Loss Team  ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

📸  Attachment  📸  HAPPY SUNDAY Grief & Loss Team!!!  🙃

[1] Diane @DianeB887812

[2] MC @mc6844 

[3] Allen @Therapist4u 

[4] Jonibee @jonibee 

[5] Marcy @MarcyW882921

[6] Cadee @Cadee2719 

*** Members HELPING Members.  👍👍👍

Thank you SO MUCH for YOUR support.

Luv you VERY MUCH,

Your Friend Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

sunday-sunday-dog.gif

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Good afternoon. Got up early today then spent the morning working my daily puzzles. Took my walk and then checked my mail. HMPH! Nothing from AARP. Checked junk mail and there they were. All my lovely messages got sent to junk! So I sat and fixed them all. I did not tell my mail client to send AARP mail to spam so I have no idea how that happened. 

Anyway here I am checking to make sure my new friends are all ok. 
l will be busy tomorrow getting myself out the door for my eye appt. I’ll be using Uber because I always get dilated for a retina check. That will make it hard for me to read my mail until sometime in the afternoon, so do not panic if  I’m a bit late tomorrow. I will see you all tomorrow. Until then LUV TO ALl. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Cadee @Cadee2719 , I am sitting here TRYING to figure out the BEST solution to my ever INCREASING living accommodations from h.ll.  😭😭😭

Gosh, I still MARVEL at you picking up and leaving your h.ll in California.

NOW you are in Idaho, yes - dealing with getting your medical stuff set up BUT finally SAFE!!!  💃💃💃

Anyway, I will update you guys on my MOVING PROJECT. If Cadee did it, so can I!!!  👍👍👍

Luv you ALL,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

[Sunday 7/14/24 3:59am ET - fell asleep while listening to my Nero Wolfe audiobook, then woke up/lol]

How are YOU?  🤔

Nothing EXCITING for me TODAY.

Will be a BUSY week coming up and I am looking forward to getting back into the OTHER Old Lady (2006 Hyundai Elantra).

I expect my UPSTAIRS neighbors from h.ll will be back at some point today (Sunday) for work tomorrow (Monday).

Unless they are on VACATION. They were MISSING for 2 weeks LAST YEAR, and I was on VACATION from them/lol.

Didnot make it to dumpster or mailbox LAST NIGHT as more rain was expected.

They say none tonight.

So glad I now buy the SCENTED GARBAGE BAGS for those weeks I delay my walk to the dumpster in the back of my apartment complex. I do mailbox and dumpster ONCE A WEEK.

More storms this week  😭😭😭, gosh - I need to move into the Laundry Mart to get my WINTER STUFF washed. I luv their HUGE WASHERS/DRYERS. The laundry room here stays Out Of Order. Anyway, hoping for a DRY DAY to go. So not interested in rain soaking my dried items.

Everyone FIND YOUR PEACE TODAY.  🙃

Luv you ALL,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Diane @DianeB887812  🤗🤗🤗

Hello SummerIsTooHOT,
DianeB887812 thinks your post is awesome and just gave you kudos!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

📸  GROUP hug  🤗🤗🤗

friends-hug.gif

Honored Social Butterfly

(1 comment) Dr. Diane @DianeB887812 aka Dr. Walker, hope you ENOYED your walk THIS MORNING. Do you change routes? When I walk, I do to eliminate the boredom

It is nearly 7pm for us BOTH (you in Florida, me in Virginia) and AFTER a much needed ALL DAY NAP  🙄🙄🙄,  I am headed to get my soak ready.  👍👍👍

Was TOO TIRED before nap to do the soak = falling asleep.

The NAP was possible as UPSTAIRS neighbors from h.ll have been GONE since Friday.  💃💃💃

Need to check mailbox and take trash to dumpster way in the back TONIGHT. Hate this chore, but....

Luv you my friend,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I also took a nap today. 

My 30 min morning walk is a lovely tree lined sidewalk. If I want a longer walk, I can continue and circle the extended block. That takes 90 min. 

And if I want to take a hike, I can walk to the near by park and take a forest trail. That can take 2-3 hours. 

Every one is used to seeing me walking and waves and says hi. Even the maintenance crew as they zip by in their golf carts. 

Honored Social Butterfly

📸  A .gif attached  📸  REGGAE TIME, BOB MARLEY!!!

My dad was an American working in Jamaica West, Indies. The rest of us were born there (mom, me, 2 brothers). He died there in a car acccident when I was 12 and brothers 5 and 2. WE came to the States when I was 16, FREEZING you know what off in St. Louis, Missouri.

Anyway - reason for this post, it is 6pm here in Cave Spring, Virginia for me. STILL no neighbors from h.ll ABOVE ME since Friday!!!

THANK YOU LIFE!!!

Nicole  💃💃💃

dancing-bob-marley.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Cadee @Cadee2719 stopped by  💃💃💃

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Cadee @Cadee2719   🤗🤗🤗

Hello SummerIsTooHOT,
Cadee2719 thinks your post is awesome and just gave you kudos!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

📸  Screenprint Attached  📸  (5 comments) Any other Nero Wolfe FANS out there? Fed Mr. at 6am and NOW back in bed LISTENING to this Audiobook. Overtired and you know how that is. Tired but not falling asleep. Anyway, audiobooks have saved me many times from myself. And what I mean is, we need REST to COPE with what life brings our way. Many nights audiobooks have been my SLEEP AID. So grateful  💃💃💃  So tell me about the BOOKS you like - the ones you read/listen to for PLEASURE.

20240713_072007.jpg

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Are you familiar with the Libby Library App.  You sign up at your local library and you are able to get books that you can read/listen to from a number of libraries.  If they do not have it they place you on a waiting list to receive it.  Check with your local library about it.

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Cadee @Cadee2719 , I will keep it in mind for when I am back to NORMAL, whatever that will be.  🙄🙄🙄

Lol, remember the Farmer's Calendar I bought LAST year. Guess where it STILL IS. Yes, on my bookshelf.

I NEED to move to regain what SANITY I have left. So that is PRIORITY right now.

Thanks for info my friend.

Luv you,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

[*** CADEE wrote: Are you familiar with the Libby Library App.  You sign up at your local library and you are able to get books that you can read/listen to from a number of libraries.  If they do not have it they place you on a waiting list to receive it.  Check with your local library about it. ***]
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I find it difficult to read but I have a movie library and a Streaming service. Last night I watched and fell asleep to “His Dark Materials” I also watch “Pride and Prejudice“ a lot. I had a year where I watched “Contact” over and over. Many of the Marvel movies are also favorites. My walking play list songs are therms from many of my favorite movies. 

Honored Social Butterfly

(1 comment) Diane @DianeB887812 , I use to be an AVID reader and LIBRARY patron.

As I type this post, I glanced over at the 3 books I am SUPPOSE to be reading.  🙄🙄🙄

Have you WALKED?

Luv you,

Nicole 🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

On my way out the door. Be back in 30 min. 

Honored Social Butterfly

He is BACK!!!  💃💃💃💃💃💃

So relieved. But he will be let in at OUR usual 6am when I turn OFF my Porch Light.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

1 comment [Saturday 7/13/24 2:28am ET - yes a restless night]

How are YOU doing?  🤔

Lol, one of my nights of restlessness but know this too shall pass!!!  👍👍👍

HAPPY DANCE, neighbors ABOVE me was NOT here LAST night.  💃💃💃

Their car was still here yesterday morning (Friday) and I had grit my teeth for a day of them NOT at work and on my LAST NERVE. But life RESCUED me and they left at lunch time. Am I getting a PEACEFUL WEEKEND???

Mr. No Name was VERY WEIRD yesterday. Was lounging on the SIDE of my porch TWICE instead of ON porch/steps or UNDER my car. Lol, about gave me my 1st heart attack as I was busy looking UNDER my car to see IF he needed to come in for water and food. Hmmm, interesting.

Then last night I was OUTSIDE about the time I turned on my Porch Light (9pm) talking to Rosa as we were BOTH concerned about a RANDOM CAR parked in front of our apt building. Lol, she is nosey like me (we the UNOFFICIAL NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH). WE will ask folks HANGING out in FRONT of OUR apts how they are and IF they waiting on someone = drug dealers and their customers NO LONGER hang out in FRONT of our apts.  👍👍👍

Anyway, 2 young guys was backed in BESIDE my car which is also backed in. And yes, smoking their LEGAL weed. I explained to the nice youngsters that this OLD lady has allergies and ONE window in her Studio Apt which she has had to CLOSE earlier than planned due to the weed scent in parking lot. Gosh, go smoke it in the woods of which we have LOTS on our hill. Anyway, they APOLOGIZED and hopefully this was a ONE TIMER.

So Mr. interrupts me and Rosa's chat as I had to go INSIDE to let him IN.  🙄🙄🙄

Another WEIRD change. After eating and drinking water, he goes UNDER MY BED. This is the 1st time. Okay, wants some ALONE TIME I see/lol. So I ignore him and watch Poirot on PBS and about ready to fall out my chair = sleepy.

Mr. is still UNDER MY BED.  🤔🤔🤔

He REFUSED to relocate out my door. Finally had to use my broom to GENTLY nudge him AWAKE and hopefully out my door. Lol, I even SHUT my door which would usually have him DASHING OUTSIDE. Nope - NO movement. Totally EXHAUSTED and NOT wanting to FALL ASLEEP while he is in my apt, I finally got him out. Lol, he was very angry and fought my broom. He sat on my porch LOOKING at my now CLOSED door like I donot believe she put me out look. Felt really bad, but needed to crawl into bed for the night.

Now to see IF he stops by AGAIN...

I HOPE so. He always came back in spite of Ms. Geraldine and her son using a broom to move him out of their way and PREVENT him from getting into the apt. Nope, he was NEVER allowed INSIDE and the whole complex would HEAR her YELLING at him EVERY MORNING. Lol, she would TRIP over him coming out her door IF she was NOT paying attention.

Luv you ALL,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Maybe that explains why he didn't want to sleep in the bed you provided.  He wants to sleep under YOUR bed in the house. 🤣  Sorry kid, you got yourself a cat that loves you.

Honored Social Butterfly

📸  A .gif attached  📸  (1 comment) Lol Dr. Diane @DianeB887812 aka Dr. Walker, I NEARLY skipped TODAY but knew you would be asking = so didnot skip. It is nearly 7:30pm for us BOTH and just finished my soak!!!  👍👍👍

Hmmm, skin actually looking NORMAL. The nails still I guess brownish purple.

Anyway, TOMORROW will be day #3 soak and 12 more days for bloodwork.

Luv you my friend,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

인사하는-고양이-인사.gif

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Good going! Keep up the good work. I’m proud of you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP