Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Anonymous
Not applicable

🕯 A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

▶️To reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.◀️

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team 🤎🤗

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

📸clipart attached📸

Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Diane @DianeB887812 stopped by  💃💃💃

Hmmm, a 3:53am ET post = you must have been like me, up when we should be sleeping.  🤔

I luv the dog park idea and SOON we will be hearing about your NEXT furbaby.  👍👍👍

Good luck with releasing his ashes and I seem to remember you mentioning some at the dog park too. Or am I having a Senior Moment?  🙄

Yes, you have to drive for yourself and the OTHER drivers. And I tell my daughter to LET them do their thing even IF she has the RIGHT OF WAY = not worth being shot at.  😱😱😱

Luv you,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Okay, FINALLY falling asleep. Gosh, 1:15am ET for me.  😱😱😱

See you later alligators. 👍

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

THINKING OF YOU  🤗🤗🤗

@DianeB887812 @MarcyW882921 @Cadee2719 @mc6844 @jonibee 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

‌‌‌👋  WELCOME!!!  We are happy you stopped by to see us.

[1] Stop by to chat when you feel up to it. WE share OUR good  💃💃💃  and/or bad news.  😭😭😭  There is life outside of grieving and we share that along with our grief. Members HELPING Members.

[2] NO rules/stress/drama or judgement here.

[3] We support EVERYONE who stops by.

[4] Nicole stops by EVERY DAY to wish everyone Good Morning, Goodnight and to share whatever is going on in her life EACH DAY. YOU are ALWAYS welcome to do the same.  👍👍👍

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌[5] Free AARP "Grief & Loss" Online Events EVERY MONTH for members and non-members. Nicole posts the dates and times.

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

*** Any questions, hit reply button below, enter your question and hit reply button again ***

Grief & Loss Team  ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

[Thursday 7/18/24 12:44am ET]

How are YOU?  🤔

Lol, I have been up all night!!! 😂🤣

And bet when my 2 alarms (yes, two  🙄) go off at 6am to FEED you know who is when I will be asleep.

It stormed last night and I hope he was under someone's vehicle.

It passed for now and maybe he will surface to sleep as usual on my porch.

Plan for TODAY, last of 4 Dollar Trees hoping this one will have my hair oil or it will be Sally's I guess.

Everyone FIND YOUR PEACE.

Luv you guys,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Good morning speedy. I have now got my car paperwork in my name. That allows me to get a parking sticker for the dog park. Guess where I plan to go today. I just want to say hi to folks that knew Stephen and I and let them know he is gone. I’ll get to pet lots of dogs too. 

Next on my list is to take a boat ride off shore and release his ashes into the ocean

That is where Phil went and that is where I want to go. We will all be together. And no matter where friends or family live, they can find their way to a beach and visit us.

On the subject of poor driving habits, while I was driving back and forth to dyalisis treatments and then the hospital and finally the hospice, I ran stop signs and turned when I was not supposed to I can not tell you how many times. And I have never in my life ever been in an accident or gotten a ticket. I just did not have my mind on my driving. Dangerous. I still have to keep watch on myself. My mind wanders and sometimes I look around and have no idea where I am. So I’m staying home as much as possible. 

when I was grieving my first husband I had to go back to working after two weeks. I got totally lost on my way to work one morning   

So please everyone be carful driving. Sometimes you just have to, but try to concentrate on the driving extra hard. Or better yet get somone else to do the driving for now. 

STAY SAFE!!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

📸  Attachment  📸  You guys made my day VERY SPECIAL today. Thank you SO MUCH for chatting. Time to go empty the bin in my Utility Room before it overflows.  🙄🙄🙄  Mr. left out after his nap. Did come over to lay on my toes. Lol, I guess guilt hit him = Mom is ALWAYS there for you when other humans donot feed you. Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

rainy-day-good-morning-rainy-day.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

SO GLAD EVERYONE IS DOING SELF CARE!!! KEEP IT UP PLEASE. THIS IS YOUR TIME AFTER YEARS (OR LESS) OF BEING A CAREGIVER.  ‌👍‌‌👍👍

Please UPDATE when you can (anymore appointments?  🤔)

Thanks my friends,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

[1] Cadee @Cadee2719 - NOVEMBER appointment.

[2] Jonibee @jonibee - SEPTEMBER appointment.

[3] My bloodwork is JULY 24th. My 6-month Dental Cleaning in AUGUST. My 1st Bone Density in NOVEMBER.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Marcy @MarcyW882921 , is the acupuncture working or still too EARLY to tell?  🤔

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Diane @DianeB887812 - looks like we back in biz = getting our emails again  🤗🤗🤗

Hello SummerIsTooHOT,
DianeB887812 thinks your post is awesome and just gave you kudos!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Cadee @Cadee2719 , looks like AARP fixed the email glitch  🤗🤗🤗

Hello SummerIsTooHOT,
Cadee2719 thinks your post is awesome and just gave you kudos!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Marcy @MarcyW882921 stopped by  💃💃💃

Hmmm, looks like she survived those needles YESTERDAY!!!  😱😱😱

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

(3 comments) Okay, take a seat - chatterbox Nicole is now ready to share her INTERESTING day so far. Lol, had to watch some Garfield then Downtown Abbey to ERASE my RUN THE RED LIGHT moment!!!  😱😱😱

NEVER done this in my 66 years on this planet = NO speeding tickets or accidents. All it took was to be pulled over at age 18 (was speeding, given a warning) in St. Louis, Missouri in my BRAND NEW Honda Civic Hatchback (I bought myself, well car payments through my Credit Union). My 1st real job there was an Outside Hostess at the Steak 'n Shake down the road. I was 16 and walking. Talk about FREEZING my a.s off during the winter. Some serious snow.  😱😱😱  But the TIPS were AWESOME. Yes, we put those metal trays on car windows. In between cars, my b.tt was INSIDE thawing. Lol, how was that for someone who lived on an island for 16 years. NOT FUN. But Ron, my boss was really AWESOME.

Okay, back to my RED LIGHT incident today.

Now keep in mind I KNOW this intersection, been using it since 2018.

SO GRATEFUL I didnot get hit.

I was in the LEFT TURN lane heading to CVS and usually that lane's green ARROW comes on AFTER the other lanes' green does.

Yours truly hits the gas and makes my left turn, NOT even giving it a 2nd thought - while the arrow is still RED.

The only thing that saved me was that the folks moved SLOWLY forward.

Lol, now to see IF there was a CAMERA in that intersection.  🤔🤔🤔

I was so RATTLED after I swore I was STAYING home tomorrow (Thursday) and got gas TODAY. Had planned for tomorrow. I like to keep a FULL tank for those detours through the mountains for accidents and what seems to be chronic roadwork. Fun on 2-lane roads. Yes, those stop, go, slow flag men/women. Hmmm, it is Summer and folks got ice cream trying to get home from Walmart.

Anyway, NO luck at #3 Dollar Tree TODAY, so #4 tomorrow. Yes, going back out. Kind of paranoid now = will I do the same thing again.

🐈  Mr. was a TRIP yesterday!!! Insisting on TRYING to get in bed with me. He had left that alone way back. Lol, interesting what he has planned for today. Yes, Max's vehicle is here and he is nowhere to be found since eating everything in his dish at 6am this morning. Well let's say, took a few trips in and out (had to go see IF Max was home/lol). I finally shut my door to get ready for CVS. I need a Remote Door Opener for his SPOILT self. Geez...

Marcy, oh Marcy @MarcyW882921  👋👋👋

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Oh my Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ! How scary!! 

I hope watching your shows helped you to regain your composure. Personally I have always found Downton Abbey to be a great escape!

Marcy

Bronze Conversationalist

I loved that show, NEVER missed an episode.  Marcy I hope you solve the migraine mystery soon.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Marcy @MarcyW882921 . Someone was RIDING my bumper and I guess the STRESS from them being BEHIND me from way back caused me to mentally wanting to ESCAPE.

Throughout the years, EVERY accident I have been in has been from someone REAR ENDING me. Usually on cell or in a hurry. Anyway as I AGE, I try to PULL OVER when I can and let the BUMPER RIDER pass. I am NOT getting a ticket and they can go ahead and get one./lol   🤣😂

My area UNFORTUNATELY is being built up with WAY TOO many retail outlets = traffic a NIGHTMARE.  😤😤😤

Yes, time to move UPWARD to the mountains with the OTHER old people.  👍👍👍

And come down ONCE A MONTH to get groceries.

Luv you,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

[*** MARCY wrote: Oh my Nicole! How scary!! 

I hope watching your shows helped you to regain your composure. Personally I have always found Downton Abbey to be a great escape! Marcy ***]

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

🏡  Thanks Cadee @Cadee2719 for the tips!!!

The folks ABOVE me rent like I do.

I did EMAIL Josh in the office for a meeting on any Friday he is here on this property. They have him managing two properties and from what I was told, that property is worst as it is flat. GRATEFUL to be on a hill so NO flooding except in my Utility Room.

Anyway, around here one NEVER knows who is still here. I am assuming he is. I want a MOVE OUT LIST if one exists as I want ALL of my deposit back.

Tired of him being TOO BUSY and rushing off the phone when I call or not reply to my email.

Guest House sounds perfect. Lol, one WAY OUT from main house.  😂🤣

I need some ALONE TIME after dealing with these a.sholes from h.ll ABOVE me.

Luv you my friend,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

📸  Attachment  📸  This is me in front of my fan AGAIN. Just got back.

fan-air.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Cadee @Cadee2719 stopped by  💃💃💃

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Diane @DianeB887812 stopped by  💃💃💃

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

1 comment  ⚠️  DAY 2 [Wednesday 7/17/24 6:57am ET] GLITCH!!!

NO AARP Post Notification Emails TODAY  ☹

Hey Team, once in awhile this site has a GLITCH where you will NOT get a COPY of the Grief Forum POSTS.

Hopefully you figured this out (NO post emails in your Email IN BOX).

Lol, I know some of us READ these emails rather than stop by like I do daily.

Luv you ALL,

Nicole 🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Aha! It’s a plot to slow my recovery. But they can’t stop me! How is everyone this lovely morning. I had my walk this morning. It is very pleasant in the early morning. Three cute ducklings ran up to me expecting a handout. Someone has been feeding them. That may be a problem when they grow up , but for now they are cute. I’m doing nothing today. I still have a few things left on my to do list but two days of going to Dr appointments whiled me out. Shades of the panic I felt around the many appointments I had to take my husband to. I do not have anymore appointments for two weeks. So I will try to relax and recover. Luv to all especially @summersTooHOT 

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

1 comment  ⚠️   Day 1 [Tuesday 7/16/24 8:20pm ET] GLITCH!!!

NO AARP Post Notification Emails TODAY  ☹

Hey Team, once in awhile this site has a GLITCH where you will NOT get a COPY of the Grief Forum POSTS.

Hopefully you figured this out (NO post emails in your Email IN BOX).

Lol, I know some of us READ these emails rather than stop by like I do daily.

Luv you ALL,

Nicole 🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT .

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

(3 comments) OUR Diane @DianeB887812 stopped by  💃💃💃

Lol, and that is WHY one marriage was enough for me. 😂🤣

Time to ENJOY what time I got left with my only child, a daughter and TAKE CARE OF MYSELF so she does not end up as my caregiver.  👍👍👍

Did you walk?

I just got out of shower and DREADING the heat outside.

🐈  Mr. is UNDER my car. Lol, he will NOT be happy when I WAKE him up to move car without running over him.

Thanks for update and GLAD you are okay.

Luv you my friend,

Nicole 🙂

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I never had children. I worked at jobs that required my 24hr support. Payed well.  But I did not think it would be fair to try to raise a child when I would not have time to do the job properly. My first husband was a professional sailor. So I was on my own a lot during the first marriage. I’m probably going to get a chihuahua next year. I need a rest for now. If I get too lonely I can always go to see my older brother in Va. 

Honored Social Butterfly

(1 comment) Diane , you had me "giggling" when I read your post AGAIN after Walmart about what your doctor said. I MISSED the part about "have to be rich"/lol  😂🤣

Hey, Florida seems to be the area all the rich and famous seem to be moving to of late.

I had posted I wanted a Sugar Daddy in Florida LAST YEAR May 2023 when I was doing BOTH Virginia and Florida BEFORE reality hit me and Medicare Stress [change in doctors  😭😭😭].

GLAD I took my time now with my daughter being laid off 4/11 of this year 2024.

It was like LIFE had DELAYED me and now understand why.

On the subject of men, don't hate them, but donot need one to be happy or secure. Spent WAY TOO many years looking after and putting up with to return to that life.

Lol, you going for #3 hubbie???

WE got LOTS AND LOTS of potentials here in Virginia as you know from living here. But I know you HATE Winter. Maybe he will SPLIT his time between your apartment in Florida and his whatever here in Virginia.

Lol, YOUNGER than you too...

Thanks for the much needed chuckle!!!  😂🤣

Oh, I got a man  🐈  and he thinks he is paying rent here in my Studio Apt.  🙄🙄🙄

Luv you,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

@DianeB887812  8pm

Periodic Contributor

Glad you got a chuckle and did the favor of giving one back. I found during my last grief recovery laughing was the best medicine. Even when I was crying. Thank You!

Honored Social Butterfly

(2 comments) Lol Diane @DianeB887812 , it is like LIFE saw I needed another CHATTERBOX here as I know I wear everyone out with my NOSEY SELF!!!  🤣😂

Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by each day.

Luv you my friend,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP