Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

🕯 A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

Anonymous
Not applicable

🕯 A Place To Be With OTHERS Who Are Grieving! WE support each other.

▶️To reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.◀️

READ the comments and/or ADD a comment.

***A place to share and support***

Grief & Loss Team 🤎🤗

Screenshot_20230530-033419_Chrome.jpg

📸clipart attached📸

Honored Social Butterfly

🐈  Mr. just left, running to shut my door and head to shower. Lol, he thinks I am his ALL DAY stop in motel while he keeps an eye out for Max (Ms. G's son) HOPING Ms. G sent some chicken for him.  😂🤣

See you later alligators...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

MC @mc6844 and Jonibee @jonibee , my MIA's who are dealing with ALOT, but do SURPRISE me when I least expect it with a VISIT!!!  Happy dances big time  💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

Luv you BOTH,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Lol Diane @DianeB887812 , it is like LIFE saw I needed another CHATTERBOX here as I know I wear everyone out with my NOSEY SELF!!!  🤣😂

Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by each day.

Luv you my friend,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Dear Marcy @MarcyW882921 , my thoughts are with you dear friend that you find a SOLUTION for your migraines.

So sorry your present medication is SO EXPENSIVE!!!  😤😤😤

It is time for Medicare to COVER these meds so old folks can FUNCTION. Gosh, who can hire a maid to do what needs to be done on a DAILY BASIS???

Luv you my friend,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good Morning dear Cadee @Cadee2719 !!!

I totally agree with your concern about your pain medication.

So sorry you are having to CHOOSE between pain or a cancer possibility.  😭😭😭

Luv you my friend,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

🐈  It is 8:30am for me here in Cave Spring, Virginia and Mr. has been IN & OUT since 6am. He is here NOW.

📸  Attachment  📸

6am is OUR usual time for him to come in. I even have my 2 alarms set for those mornings I actually slept.

Lol, he thinks I DO NOT know - but he is KEEPING AN EYE on Ms. Geraldine's porch.

Not sure what the deal is, but rumor says she has moved and son moved in. Anyway, I will keep OUR MORNING routine as this seems to be the time NO ONE ELSE is feeding him.

Lol, AFTER that - one NEVER knows WHEN he will EAT the food I have for him. He likes people food which OTHERS give him. Nope, NOT ME.

In fact got to pick up more FRISKIES from Walmart TODAY for him.

Now to encourage him to leave so I can go SHOWER. So NOT leaving my door open.

Nicole  🐈

20240716_082023.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Jonibee @jonibee stopped by  💃💃💃

I am VERY GRATEFUL I do not need to use my air conditioning, just my heat during the winter here in Cave Spring, Virginia.

Lol, another reason for NOT rushing back to Florida!!!

SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU and luv the tips.  👍👍👍

Luv you my friend,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I am "weathering the heat" try to light chores in the a.m. before it heats up ..Follow the sun by closing shades/curtains/windows have indoor fans on as I am not an A/C fan as the p.m comes around and I have windsocks outside so I can see visibly that there is a breeze I begin to draw the curtains and open screened windows for the night so one can sleep ..Drink plenty of fluids through out the day and eat light cucumber and watermelon and tomatoes are good ..Don;t forget if you start to feel lightheaded cold cloths  and something with a little salt even soup which is usually salty will help besides gatorade ..Also at night a cold wet cloth helps keep the body temp down by moving around the body ...Time to enjoy that book you have wanted to read and take it easy...

Honored Social Butterfly

THINKING OF YOU  🤗🤗🤗

@DianeB887812 @MarcyW882921 @Cadee2719 @mc6844 @jonibee 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

SO GLAD EVERYONE IS DOING SELF CARE!!! KEEP IT UP PLEASE. THIS IS YOUR TIME AFTER YEARS (OR LESS) OF BEING A CAREGIVER.  ‌👍‌‌👍👍

Please UPDATE when you can (anymore appointments?  🤔)

Thanks my friends,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

[1] Cadee @Cadee2719 - NOVEMBER appointment.

[2] Jonibee @jonibee - SEPTEMBER appointment.

▶️*** [3] Marcy @MarcyW882921 Acupuncture Follow-up is Tuesday 7/16

▶️*** [4] Diane @DianeB887812 Heart Appointment on Tuesday 7/16

[5] My bloodwork is JULY 24th. My 6-month Dental Cleaning in AUGUST. My 1st Bone Density in NOVEMBER.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

‌‌‌👋  WELCOME!!!  We are happy you stopped by to see us.

[1] Stop by to chat when you feel up to it. WE share OUR good  💃💃💃  and/or bad news.  😭😭😭  There is life outside of grieving and we share that along with our grief. Members HELPING Members.

[2] NO rules/stress/drama or judgement here.

[3] We support EVERYONE who stops by.

[4] Nicole stops by EVERY DAY to wish everyone Good Morning, Goodnight and to share whatever is going on in her life EACH DAY. YOU are ALWAYS welcome to do the same.  👍👍👍

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌[5] Free AARP "Grief & Loss" Online Events EVERY MONTH for members and non-members. Nicole posts the dates and times.

‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

*** Any questions, hit reply button below, enter your question and hit reply button again ***

Grief & Loss Team  ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌🤗‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

[Tuesday 7/16/24 6:45am ET]

How are YOU?  🤔

GOOD LUCK today Diane @DianeB887812 and Marcy @MarcyW882921 with your MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS. I would luv UPDATES when and IF you feel like giving them. I see on Google News it will be a HOT one for you BOTH in Florida. I know my daughter in Florida is luving the heat, but please be CAREFUL. Unusually HIGH temps.

Feeling LAZY but out of food and need to do my Weekly Grocery Run to Walmart.

Everyone FIND YOUR PEACE.  👍👍👍

Luv you ALL,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

📸  Attachment  📸  THAT IS GOOD NEWS Diane @DianeB887812 !!!

[*** DIANE wrote: Eyes are doing good. Pressure is managed with eye drops. And although the last couple of months my adrenaline levels caused higher blood glucose levels and higher blood pressures, no damage to my retinas has been done. So I just need to relax and keep up with my walking and diet. ***]

gift.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks Marcy @MarcyW882921   🤗🤗🤗

Hello SummerIsTooHOT,
MarcyW882921 thinks your post is awesome and just gave you kudos!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Marcy @MarcyW882921 stopped by  💃💃💃

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Cadee @Cadee2719 stopped by 💃💃💃

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

📸  Attachment  📸  (1 comment) Marcy @MarcyW882921 , any CHORUS UPDATES???

it-aint-over.gif

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

I love this! Tonight is my regular rehearsal. I got in my tennis play and water aerobics this morning and I'll get my music fix tonight.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

OUR Diane @DianeB887812 stopped by  💃💃💃

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

2 comments [Monday 7/15/24 6:14am ET]

How are YOU?  🤔

Good luck with your Eye Appointment TODAY Diane @DianeB887812 !!!  👍👍👍

My trip to Kroger TODAY to cash in my WINNING Scratch-Off Lottery Tickets.  💃💃💃

Everyone FIND YOUR PEACE,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Eyes are doing good. Pressure is managed with eye drops. And although the last couple of months my adrenaline levels caused higher blood glucose levels and higher blood pressures, no damage to my retinas has been done. So I just need to relax and keep up with my walking and diet. 

Periodic Contributor

Congrats on the lucky scratch off card. 
I’m getting ready to go so will check back in when I can read my screen. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Thanks MC @mc6844  🤗🤗🤗

Hello SummerIsTooHOT,
mc6844 thinks your post is awesome and just gave you kudos!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

📸  Attachment  📸  OUR Kim @KimberlyM389662 should have left YESTERDAY (Saturday) for her Ocean City VACATION  💃💃💃

Any OTHER vacations???

vacation.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

(1 comment) Dear STRONG Jonibee @jonibee , not too much longer for your surgery. WE hope you will let us know how you are doing AFTER. As usual, NO PRESSURE to do this!!!  🤗🤗🤗

[*** JONIBEE wrote: My surgery is on Sept. 6th a 4 step plan..first a mapping of vein via ultrasound./surgery/followup week later then 2 weeks another follow up..So four viits to outpatient of medical bldg..Then the other leg about a month later same process..I wish it could be sooner but that's the way it is...Thank You for thinking of me.. ***]
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist

Nicole @SummerIsTooHOT ,

After reading a piece in the newspaper about a young woman who received significant relief from migraine headaches through auricular therapy administered by an acupuncturist, I decided to try it. Of course it is not covered by Medicare, but I still thought it was worth a shot. My latest medication prescribed by a neurologist is quite expensive even with prescription coverage and even at about 50% savaings in Canada it is still expensive. My next acupuncture follow-up is Tuesday.

Marcy

Honored Social Butterfly

(1 comment) Cadee  , I am sitting here TRYING to figure out the BEST solution to my ever INCREASING living accommodations from h.ll. 😭😭😭

Gosh, I still MARVEL at you picking up and leaving your h.ll in California.

NOW you are in Idaho, yes - dealing with getting your medical stuff set up BUT finally SAFE!!!  💃💃💃

Anyway, I will update you guys on my MOVING PROJECT. If Cadee did it, so can I!!!  👍👍👍

Luv you ALL,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

@Cadee2719 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Good afternoon. Got up early today then spent the morning working my daily puzzles. Took my walk and then checked my mail. HMPH! Nothing from AARP. Checked junk mail and there they were. All my lovely messages got sent to junk! So I sat and fixed them all. I did not tell my mail client to send AARP mail to spam so I have no idea how that happened. 

Anyway here I am checking to make sure my new friends are all ok. 
l will be busy tomorrow getting myself out the door for my eye appt. I’ll be using Uber because I always get dilated for a retina check. That will make it hard for me to read my mail until sometime in the afternoon, so do not panic if  I’m a bit late tomorrow. I will see you all tomorrow. Until then LUV TO ALl. 

Honored Social Butterfly

(1 comment) Dr. Diane @DianeB887812 aka Dr. Walker, hope you ENJOYED your walk THIS MORNING. Do you change routes? When I walk, I do to eliminate the boredom

It is nearly 7pm for us BOTH (you in Florida, me in Virginia) and AFTER a much needed ALL DAY NAP  🙄🙄🙄,  I am headed to get my soak ready.  👍👍👍

Was TOO TIRED before nap to do the soak = falling asleep.

The NAP was possible as UPSTAIRS neighbors from h.ll have been GONE since Friday.  💃💃💃

Need to check mailbox and take trash to dumpster way in the back TONIGHT. Hate this chore, but....

Luv you my friend,

Nicole  🤗🤗🤗

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP