Open enrollment for the ACA health insurance marketplace ends Saturday! There's still time to sign up or change your plan.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Want to Boost Your Happiness?

Message 1 of 32

I suggest you take a good long look into the face of your pet (cat or dog doesn't matter).  You'll find a combination of sweetness, cuteness, and love staring back at you--unless it's a pitbull.  Then you may need to be prepared to run as he may see your steady gaze a challenge.  Smiley Very Happy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 32

jazzymo,

I try to do the same thing. Especially in this day in age. Thanks for sharing. Nancy

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 32

Any chance I get to teach a child something positive to counter all the negativity they're exposed to on a daily basis makes me happy.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 32

Forgive me as I have no grand or noble suggestion like volunteering or offering up one of my kidneys to a needy dialysis patient to make me happy. 

But a strong cup of Speedway House Blend coffee laden with ample cream and sugar along with just one custard filled, chocolate topped Krispy Kreme donut does the trick quite nicely.  Yep, that raises my happiness quotient every time!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 32

I like that idea ... watching the clouds .... it reminds me of being a kid Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 32

I was born in Boston so the ocean was close by..

I'm a hundred miles away from the sea. My vacation, with my Sweetie was a week on Cape Cod.

That was a great ocean fix.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 32

Are a wonderful relaxer! And volunteering not only offers others a piece of you, you benefit by knowing you're making others happy too!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 32

Awesome! Your creativity or only takes you away to a different realm, you also have the pride and joy of knowing you are doing something useful. Way to go!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 32

I am fortunate to have a room full of creative supplies. It is a sewing room, art room, lots of yarn, lots of paper, paints, inks, etc. I take a break in there several times a day for 10-30 minutes and sit at my workspace and create something, or maybe journal a bit.  I can spend an entire day sewing a project or creating a piece of jewelry.  I've also created several small to-go creative packets so I can play while sitting in a Dr. office, or just catching a good Netflix binge on the sofa.  It is my meditation.

amcoffiebean
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 32

I also like to look outside at the garden, watching the early-and-late working bumblebees fly from the native plants. One particularly wonderful experience is to get out of the car and find that the butterflies have flown up in a group around my head as I walk into the house. Instant smile.

Kudos
Views