Celebrate Social Security's birthday by pledging to vote to protect it for current and future generations. Learn more

Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Want to Boost Your Happiness?

Message 1 of 27

I was born in Boston so the ocean was close by..

I'm a hundred miles away from the sea. My vacation, with my Sweetie was a week on Cape Cod.

That was a great ocean fix.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 27

Are a wonderful relaxer! And volunteering not only offers others a piece of you, you benefit by knowing you're making others happy too!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

Awesome! Your creativity or only takes you away to a different realm, you also have the pride and joy of knowing you are doing something useful. Way to go!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

I am fortunate to have a room full of creative supplies. It is a sewing room, art room, lots of yarn, lots of paper, paints, inks, etc. I take a break in there several times a day for 10-30 minutes and sit at my workspace and create something, or maybe journal a bit.  I can spend an entire day sewing a project or creating a piece of jewelry.  I've also created several small to-go creative packets so I can play while sitting in a Dr. office, or just catching a good Netflix binge on the sofa.  It is my meditation.

amcoffiebean
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27

I also like to look outside at the garden, watching the early-and-late working bumblebees fly from the native plants. One particularly wonderful experience is to get out of the car and find that the butterflies have flown up in a group around my head as I walk into the house. Instant smile.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

If the stress of the day starts getting to me I stop and do some stort moves of an exercise program called Tai Chi. Calms you down as well as lifts you up. And you can do these anywhere.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27

I take the fifth on this question!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27

When I need a lift, I like to go to the garden center, seeing and smelling flowers really give me a boost. I also feel great volunteering to help someone else.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27

One of the main things that boosts my happiness is walking along the beach. I can commune with nature, breathe the fresh tang of salty air, and if I'm really lucky, a school of dolphins will swim by or sea birds will flock overhead. It reminds me of how vast the universe is and minimizes any problems or fears I may be experiencing. The roar of the waves releases any anxiety I am feeling, offering inexplicable joy. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27

Take a ride on my bicycle. When I don't really feel like it, I tell myself I'll just do 2 or 3 miles but when I get started I feel so good that I often do 20 to 30. It gives me a boost for the entire remainder of the day.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors