Are you as smart as a high-tech car? Take this quiz and test your knowledge.
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Want to Boost Your Happiness?

Message 21 of 32

I like  to walk 🐶S,  play with them and work in my small garden. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 32

A few things immediately came to mind.  For an immediate happy boost, for me, there is nothing better than watching funny dog and/or kid videos.  Works every time for me.  For something deeper and lasting, a bike ride always works for me.  Sometimes, just walking down the street to the park and hanging out in the shade to read a book is immensely satisfying.  

I spend 50-60 hrs a week working so getting outside (weather permitting) is very relaxing and doing something simple is incredibly enjoyable and fulfilling.  I live in an urban area a few blocks away from a local tourist destination and sometimes, I'll just go down there and hangout and people watch.  There's also a beautiful water feature that performs a nice water show for the tourists.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 32

Turn on some good upbeat music with positive inspiring lyrics, then dance and sing till my battery runs down.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 32

I like to listen to my favorite music playlist. That reminds me that there IS some real talent out there somewhere. But, that sometimes leads to the desire to search the cosmos for intelligent life. Somewhat of a chore/crap-shoot/shot-in-the-dark/futile-hope.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 32

Whenever possible, I get in my kayak and paddle to the quietest places in the lake.  In the winter, watching the birds at the feeder with a fire in the fireplace, a good book, and a cup of tea.  The other thing that always makes me feel good is doing something nice for somebody else!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 32

Load up my dog for a ride to the park to let him run, chase squirrels and whatnot.  He likes to ride in the truck.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 32

All good with a boost of dark chocolate >= 70% (85%is my standard now), some mixed nuts and some tasty tunesMan Surprised

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 32

Epster, 

We had some really 😎 ☁ today.  The clouds looked like tea pots. I wasn't the only person who thought this.  I didn't even  notice until it was pointed out to me.  I will have to watch the clouds  more often.  Thank you for the tip... Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 32

Wow, @Epster, 10,000 (miles?!) that's a big achievement. I get a real sense of the energy you draw from the biking and weather-watching. And "cloud drama" I like that!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 32

Hurrah for birdwatching! We, too, keep a waterer and a bird bath for our feathered friends.

We also like to exercise ourselves into a state of bliss. This morning we cycled 63 miles. Yes, it got hot out there (though we started at 7 AM) and yes, we did work up quite a sweat, but here we are, rested and showered and about to enjoy a whole wheat pasta salad while a big ole thunderstorm gathers in the hills to the west of us.*

Part of what makes this a happy event --besides the endorphin release-- is that after we cycled 35 miles yesterday, we set a goal of 50 miles for today. Beating that goal is satisfying. Our bigger goal right now is to reach the 10,000 mile mark. We're 150 miles shy, but we intend to reach that goal sooner than soon. Setting and meeting goals --even silly ones like this-- makes us happy.

*Did I mention our home is on a hill and has two huge picture windows that face west? We get to watch the storm brew, then speed overhead to its destination on the plains. Such fun sky drama.

I'd say a key factor in being happy is in doing what you can do and appreciating the small things. (Like cloud drama)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views