Get the information you need to help care for your eyes at the AARP Eye Center. Visit it today!

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: THE SECOND TIME AROUND

Message 1 of 3

@bd8344 wrote:

I would have more self confidence in myself and stand up for myself in difficult situations rather than letting others manipulate the situation.  I did a lot of things others wanted to do rather than what I would have liked to do just to keep peace. I would be more true to myself if I hd it to do all over again.  

Everything you said was important and true for many of us.  But for some reason your following statement is the one that resonated with me so deeply.  You siad:

"I would not rush things and let them take their course because although something seems good at the time, something better could be around the corner and you could miss it!"

How much have we "missed" because we were moving too fast--trying to get from point A to point B without enjoying the stuff of life in the middle?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: THE SECOND TIME AROUND

Message 2 of 3

I would have more self confidence in myself and stand up for myself in difficult situations rather than letting others manipulate the situation.  I did a lot of things others wanted to do rather than what I would have liked to do just to keep peace. I would be more true to myself if I hd it to do all over again.  I would not rush things and let them take their course because although something seems good at the time, something better could be around the corner and you could miss it!

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

THE SECOND TIME AROUND

Message 3 of 3

Unfortunately, we are given one shot at this life.  But if you had it to do all over,  what would you do differently?  Different career, work, life-partner, relationship(s), location, etc.?  What would you change and why?

Kudos
Views
Replies