AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Streetcars are making a return to our cities

Message 1 of 3

The Delmar Loop Trolley is in St. Louis.  The route begins at the University City Public Library and it picks up the route of the old #10 Delmar streetcar line and follows it to DeBaliviere and turns right.  It follows DeBalivere to Forest Park and terminates at the History Museum.

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Streetcars are making a return to our cities

Message 2 of 3

How wonderful, @PatrickR720159. I can almost picture people taking an extra moment to breath and look away from their devices. Mind my asking, where is the Delmar Loop trolley, that's sounding like California to me?

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Streetcars are making a return to our cities

Message 3 of 3

Many people that older than I am would remember the days of the streetcars.  When World War II hit, several streetcar routes has been temporarly saved from closure.  Now days, some of the old routes or portions of them are coming back.  Either in new light rail form or in modern day low-floor streetcars.  Thus running over a part of a streetcar route or two we used to have.  The Blue line MetroLink route follows part of the old #11 University line.  And now the Delmar Loop trolley travels over a portion of the old #10 Delmar line.  My father told me that getting rid of the streetcars was a stupid thing to do.  Now days, much younger people are starting to see what much of us older people used to travel around on.  Each time a teenager would step on a vintage streetcar, they get taken back in time to the days when we much older generation people were young. 

Seniors are just antique people rich with history.
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark