Hundreds of AARP member benefits. One convenient place to explore them. Check it out!

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Sometimes Good News Is Right Next Door

Message 11 of 14

@nyadrn, I remember reading about that heartwarming story. So great. Thanks for sharing it here!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

Isn't it incredible how the universe works sometimes, @ms1877? Wow.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

Instead of shutting down a teenager’s hot dog stand for not having a permit, the city helped him turn his stand into a business.

13-year-old Jaequan Faulkner started his hot dog stand in 2016 as a means of doing something creative to fend off his depression. Additionally, he wanted to use the money to buy himself some new clothes.

So with his tabletop business set up in front of his home in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the youngster started selling hot dogs, chips, and sodas to the locals – and everybody loved it.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/instead-of-shutting-down-teens-hot-dog-stand-city-helps-him-get-a-pe...

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Sometimes Good News Is Right Next Door

Message 14 of 14

I read a story the other day where a women found her half sister. She knew that her father had another child to another woman after he left her mom, but she wasn't in contact with the dad much. After her father passed away she started searching for her half sister. The story turned out she lived right next door and the two of them get along famously. 

Nice to have happen I think. I smiled when I read that one. Now I challenge you to write a few lines about something good you heard, read or lived. It can't all be bad news these days, can it? 

Kudos
Views
Replies