Open enrollment for the ACA health insurance marketplace ends Saturday! There's still time to sign up or change your plan.

Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Patriotic Flash Mob in Denver

Message 1 of 6

At first, as the tape began, I sat in expectant silence.   Then as the musicians began to gather and play, I sat up a little taller in my chair.  As the tape played on and  my rememberance of the words of each song came to the fore, I clapped in joy and excitement about the wonder of America and its promise. But by the end of this wonderful tape, I was in full-blown tears as I thought about all of social and political upheaval going on in our nation today.  Saddened, but still hopeful.  We are yet blessed to be Americans!

Thank you Epster for uploading this video.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@bd8344  I'm glad you enjoyed this.

As to current patriotism, I think it depends upon to whom you speak and what you hear. I've heard loads of conservatives talking excitedly about the current course of our country and about how great things are becoming. I've also heard scores of liberals talk about how their resistance movement is patriotic. So I think it depends upon what you hear and how you hear it.

Meanwhile, enjoy this video whenever you like. Smiley Happy

God bless America, and God bless you.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

I listened to it and it brought a tear to my eye also.  We need more patriotisim in this country now.  There was quite a bit when I was growing up but we had just got back from war and eventually ended up in Vietnam and were coming home again when I was getting ready to graduate from high school.  It declined overtime but after 9/11 there was a resurgence.  There is not a lot with this current administration but we need re-energize it again and not just after devistating events.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@AARPLynne wrote:

It gives me chills that the crowd goes silent when the musicians start to play.

For sure. Smiley Happy Me too.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

It gives me chills that the crowd goes silent when the musicians start to play.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Patriotic Flash Mob in Denver

Message 6 of 6

This is from 2014, but it just came across my Twitter feed, and brought a tear to my eye as I listened, so I thought I'd share the video here.

The following is from their YouTube page: The Denver Brass and their friends, Celtic Colorado Pipes & Drums, surprised the patrons of the Cherry Creek Arts Festival in Denver, Colorado with a fun and patriotic flash mob on July 6, 2014.

Kudos
Views
Replies