What's a 'skimmer scam?' Find out on AARP Live. Watch at 10 p.m. ET.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: New Kitchen after 30 years

Message 1 of 8

I feel you.  My plan is to retire in a couple of months.  My dream kitchen would have all storage draws with open shelves giving the kitchen a clean look and a pantry that is deep enough to put all grocery needs. My house was built in the 70's (split level) so you can imagine what it looks like and its too late to remodel unless I win the lottery.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

I'd like a walk in pantry, too!  I made shelves going down a ledge on my basement stairs. In my perfect kitchen,  I would also like a gas stove, triple my cabinet space (new cabinets, of course), a working dishwasher and more counter space.  Basically, I would like a whole new kitchen!  Of course, that takes $$$$ and I am 3 years from retirement, so that's not going to happen!

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

My dream kitchen would be the one in any good restaurant where the meal would be prepared and served to me!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8
I had a kitchen remodel 12 years ago, but the one thing I wanted I could not get - a walk-in pantry. There was no room to put it.
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

How exciting, @angeleyes64! How's your project coming along? Let's see some pics!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8
I just re-read your post again. I have always wanted a degree. My parents and grands have passed and my 11 siblings don't care. It is for me. I will be paying $500/mo for the rest of my God given life, but it is something I WANTED, I am DOING it, and I will PAY for it forever it seems. But that is OK!!! It is what I wanted!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

I so agree! Woo hoo!!!  I am so glad that after all of these years you finally get to have a kitchen YOU want, not one that you had to accept because you bought the house!  Enjoy the years you have left in your brand new kitchen.  I was just telling myself today, the 1st year I lived in this tiny, 325 sqft apartment I was over the moon and loved it.  The 2nd year, with which is almost over is just so-so.  I need some more space.  I just need to store about 10 totes and 15 boxes near by so I can look through them and pull winter things from them when I need to.  I am staying here until the latest next spring, so next year, I will get an apartment with an OUTDOOR pool, as I love to lay in the sun.  And it has to have A/C too.  I know the electric bill will be higher, but the time that I am not at the pool, will be spent watching tv under a/c and staying cool and loving watching tv in my new place while being cooled off!  Enjoy it all the way girlfriend!  I do hope you are female.  I also hope you love to cook, I know I do.  I don't even have enough room for my brand new Kitchen Aid mixer.  Still in the box.  Has been for over 6 months.  So, that is incentive enough for me to move to a larger place, so I will be able to unbox my $400 mixer I have had in the box for so many months!  ENJOY!  God's blessings always.  WOO HOO!  Shawn Anderson.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

New Kitchen after 30 years

Message 8 of 8

Iam finally getting a new kitchen. I have lived in our home 30 yrs and the family before us 5. 

I have wanted a new kitchen for years and at last  I am getting it. 

I will probably be paying the rest of our lives, but I don't care. 

The cabinets came in yesterday so maybe in 2 weks or so I will have my new kitchen.

I can't wait.   

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Replies