You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Safe Driving course! Use code BELLS to save 25 percent now.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: My friend made a nice joke about a "Psychic"

Message 1 of 2

I remember Miss Cleo. Not fondly as I considered her to be a scammer and I do not like scammers. The singer Dionne Warwick went way down in my opinion once she started hawking some sort of astrology/card reading stuff on late night television as well.

It seems that Miss Cleo died of cancer a couple years ago (I'm sure she saw this coming though) and was not shot to death by that army guy ...not that that's a very funny joke to me, at least. This was in the news a couple years back, as in the New York Times, for example, https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/business/media/tv-psychic-miss-cleo-dies.html

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

My friend made a nice joke about a "Psychic"

Message 2 of 2

Many of us could remember the stupid ads made by this one lady who claimed to be "Miss Cleo".  And what the girl did was that since she didn't get much publicity over a TV ad since it aired after midnight on some cable channels, she called people on Missouri's Do-Not-Call list and once former Attorney General Jay Nixon sued the lady, the "psychic" lied about the calls.  The girl's staff did get swatted good and hard for it but I think the same thing should have happened to her.  One employee at work told me that he heard on the news a while back that the "Miss Cleo" got shot by an army man for lying to the public.  I didn't hear anything on the news about it.  I did think it was just a joke.  Each time I walk by a psychic shop, my smile goes into an angry look.  Some do think that they are just for entertainment.  For me, I don't go and blow my money on those things.  I rather put my money in the bank.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies