Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Joining a helping hand circle

I would like find or try to start a group within my community (in this case Merrimack) where the members are commited to helping each other. As an able bodied senior, I would be willing to help out other seniors or disabled persons. Ideally, it would be nice to have a large group with a lot of varied skills, so that we could help each other in a broad array of services. For example, there could be easy jobs like checking in on people, or calling on them to keep them engaged, or more strenuous jobs like helping with minor repairs or doing lawn work. Or if a person needs help on a temporary basis because of an injury, a group could be organized to take care of non-medical needs, like housecleaning or walking the dog.

Is there anyone who knows of a group or could help organize something like this? 

Kudos
Views
Replies
Contributor

Good Idea, I am located in Omaha near Boystown Ne. Am able to help organize or sort out items to get rid of. In exchange, help in getting setup for medicare insurance before I retire.

Also to apply for the Exempt Tax Home Deduction Act.

Louis W [personal email address removed to protect online privacy].  

Louis W
0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@k833733a, in addition, you can look into volunteering in your AARP state office or with another AARP program. You'll find the Volunteer Interest Form by clicking here.

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

Hello, @k833733a, thank you for your wonderful post. Did you know that AARP helps facilitate volunteer opportunities in local communities? You can find volunteer opportunities near you based on your interests at Create the Good. Best of luck--let us know if you find something of interest to you!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP