With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE, UPLIFTING, OR FUNNY TO SAY, LET'S HEAR IT!!!

Message 21 of 26

Appropriate for seniors, I heard a quote I love:  "Never regret getting older, it's a privilege denied to many."  So true.  As I age, I try to focus on the positive more and just trust God for the future.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE, UPLIFTING, OR FUNNY TO SAY, LET'S HEAR IT!!!

Message 22 of 26

I recently listened to a TED talk that stated (in summary) "Who we really are is who we were before anyone or anything told us who we had to be."  

It's never too late to mull that over and make even a small change or plan that allows the inner you to be set free!  Try it for yourself; no one will do it for you!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 26

A panda walks into a bar and gobbles some beer nuts. Then he pulls out a gun, fires it in the air, and heads for the door. "Hey!" shouts the bartender, but the panda yells back, "I'm a panda. Google me!" Sure enough, panda: "A tree-climbing mammal with distinct black-and-white coloring. Eats shoots and leaves."

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 26

JOKE NUMBER 2:

Two men walk into a bar. You'd think at least one of them would have ducked.

(You know that was funny!)

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 26

funny senior jokes
“My memory is gone Mildred, so I changed my password
to “Incorrect.” That way when I log in with the wrong password,
the computer will tell me… “Your password is incorrect.”

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE, UPLIFTING, OR FUNNY TO SAY, LET'S HEAR IT!!!

Message 26 of 26

Hello my fellow AARP members!

There is so much negative talk on this (our community boards) that I thought it would be nice to open up a message board were we can share some positive thoughts, encouraging stories, and uplifting experiences. 

Anything will do--a joke, a short story, some positive words just to give our fellow AARP members something to lift their spirits today. 

Kudos
Views
Replies