Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE, UPLIFTING, OR FUNNY TO SAY, LET'S HEAR IT!!!

Message 11 of 24

I just finished a book about a toad and his excellent adventures, but he didn't go anywhere.  It was called "The Toad Less travelled."

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING POSITIVE, UPLIFTING, OR FUNNY TO SAY, LET'S HEAR IT!!!

Message 12 of 24

Yesterday someone told me I was pretty!  Actually what they said was that I was pretty annoying. But I try to look on the positive side.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

Last week while waiting for a red light to change I began reading the bumper stickers on the truck in front of me, most were humorous, but one really impressed me.  This thought is so needed in the politcal, rancorous world of today.

"WE DON'T HAVE TO AGREE ON ANYTHING

TO BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER"

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 24

I don't have anything funny at the moment, HOWEVER, my wife and I went to hear a wonderful lady named Jeanne Robertson speak last Friday eve. Her philosophy of life simply put is to look for the good everywhere, every day. She had us laughing for a solid two hours with her stories. She is quite a famous speaker and I highly recommend looking her up on YOUTUBE and Facebook. IF you need an uplift... she's your best choice!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24
I love that. kudos
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 24

Hmmmmm, oh here is something positive:  2 4 6 8 10 12 14......................

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

A wise but desperate manager once said to his staff eager for some pearls of wisdom “ I have good news and I have bad news”.  “The good news is that I have no bad news, the bad news is that’s all the good news I have”.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

My 8 year old autistic grandson loves to eat toast for breakfast. He also likes to butter it himself. The other day he got upset while he was doing this. I asked him what was wrong and he said "that hard butter murdered my toast!"

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24

Appropriate for seniors, I heard a quote I love:  "Never regret getting older, it's a privilege denied to many."  So true.  As I age, I try to focus on the positive more and just trust God for the future.  

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24

I recently listened to a TED talk that stated (in summary) "Who we really are is who we were before anyone or anything told us who we had to be."  

It's never too late to mull that over and make even a small change or plan that allows the inner you to be set free!  Try it for yourself; no one will do it for you!

Kudos
Views