With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Applause AARP!! (And thanks for the awesome support!)

Message 1 of 8

Epster,

Most definitely, thank you for letting the others know that AARP was around and visible at All the sporting events. I love all the pictures you shared with everybody on this site.Nancy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@n566192l They've been represented at each of the six state level games we've competed at so far. I understand from other athletes that local AARP offices across the country are good about supporting the senior games. I think this is important and fitting outreach, and wanted to make sure they saw that it was appreciated. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

Epster,

That was awesome. Thanks for letting me know that AARP goes to these events. Nancy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

AARP South Dakota handed out lip balm to athletes competing in the 2018 South Dakota Senior Games. The perfect swag, inho. I immediately put mine into use and held onto it throughout the competition. Thanks again, AARP!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

Wonderful pictures, @Epster. Thank you so much for sharing these! And many congrats on your acheivements!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

Seriously, you guys rock. We're always happy to see you at the state level senior games. Smiley Happy

Though the medals are a nice cap to the effort, (I now have fifteen 1st place wins) ours are stuck in a drawer. It has always been meeting and chatting with other senior athletes that makes these events such a treat for us. And of course the motivation to stay in shape.

Photos on the Nebraska Senior Games? Why sure. Here's a handful of photos showing some of the events:

nsg badminton.jpgBadminton

nsg ping pong.pngTable Tennis

nsg disc golf.jpgDisc Golf

nsg cyclists.jpgCycling

nsg swimmers.jpgSwimming

NSG racquetball's 1st year.jpgRacquetball (1st year!)

nsg track and field.jpgTrack and Field

nsg runners.jpgTrack and Field

Here's the Nebraska Senior Games website: http://nebraskaseniorgames.com/page/2015-Schedule-of-Events-x-324-23-386.html

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

Thank you for the kind feedback, @Epster. (We might be blusing just a little.) We have terrific support in the states. 

We'd love to see some candid photos of our events if you have any to share?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Applause AARP!! (And thanks for the awesome support!)

Message 8 of 8

I'd like to thank AARP for their continued support of the state level Senior Games. I've competed in 15 races in 3 states --some events with 11,000 athletes and others with 200-- and AARP was there at every one. Sometimes it's an information booth, sometimes it's information or swag in the athlete's welcome package, and lots of times they publish articles about various inspiring athletes either on the national website or on individual state sites.

We're just back from the Nebraska State Games and, of course, AARP was there supporting the athletes, this time with a fun tote bag. AARP, I want you to know that it is greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

Thanks!

thumbs up.jpg

Kudos
Views
Replies