Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Re: Age is just a number for this 71-year-old dancer!

Message 1 of 11

I agree @AARPLynne, this women is an inspiration for any age.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11
Words of support and courage to keep going. Thank you.
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

I am 66 yrs. old. I spent years as a singer song writer in LA music scene. I stopped performimg eight years ago because of health concerns. But I'm well now. I still pick up my guitar (I own 5) and play daily. I sing as well. I am still writing new music as well. Even though I am married to the most wonderful lady in the world, for the past 44 years, I still need the making of music to keep me going.

I just love to play. Love exchanging musical ideas with other musicians. Playing my guitar and singing make me feel much younger than I am. It gives me wings.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

you are truly an inspiration and such unbelievable advice!  what a wise woman you are!   you certainly woke me up!!!  i guess i was taking things for granted!  no more!!

Thank you very much and stay well! 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 11

Amazing God has been good to you! You are my official role model👍🏽🎉👏🏾🙌🏾

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

The secret?  Remember - we are  all put on this earth for a limited time.  The first thing we must do is take good care of ourselves.  That means:  eat healthy foods, take the proper vitamins, exercise and thank God each day we wake up for one more day of life!  Ok - I know it's no fun to be alone - I am a widow and miss my husband SO much.  But - we have a choice in life - we can just keep feeling sorry for ourselves or we can get up, get dressed and get active.  I prefer to be active and as long as God keeps me in good health - that's what I plan on doing.  I just got back from my gym workout and I'll be leaving in one hour for my line dancing class.  Do NOT stay at home feeling sorry for yourself.  At the end of the day - just before I put out my night light and go to sleep - I say my prayers and thank God for all the blessings he has given me.  I can see, I can hear, I can move my arms, legs, etc.  I have a very nice home, a beautiful flower garden, a car to drive, married children and grand-children and great-grandchildren.  My cup runneth over!  When I get older and maybe one day will have to use a walker, etc. I want to remember that I used all the gifts that God has given me.  I don't want to look back and say to myself  "I wish I had done this or done that".  I am doing it now!!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

I am sixty and you put me to shame!!!!  i do still work full time but am not enjoying activities like you. Secret?!?!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

Oh Yes - how I DO agree with.  I love to dance also and I am 86 years old.  I am still working as a secretary part-time and on my off days, I work out at the local gym every other day, belong to two bowling teams, a member of a country line-dancing class and run a self-help mental health meeting every week and I have been running this meeting for over 38 years.  I also have a beautiful flower garden which all my neighbors admire.  They keep saying to me:  "how can you keep getting up and down on the ground as you do?"  I just smile and say "God has been good to me!".  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

Hi my name is Eddie Morales am a 60 year men, and fitness Instructor and i believe in exercise for all 10995450_542220825920645_4179169113988938779_n.jpg60 years young

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

I'm 79 years old.  Four months ago I finished my PhD in botanical medicine.  Now that I have more time, I've started volunteering at the local library.  I also write a weekly column for an international online magazine.  I still run and swim daily, and feed and care for my goats, chickens, and gardens.  .

So what's age?  I consider it just a means for the census bureau to keep track of the demographics!

Kudos
Views