Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: A 4-Year-Old and a 91-Year-Old Become Friends, Enrich Each Others' Lives

Message 1 of 2

What a great story!  I grew up with parents who were older.  I also had lots of older aunts and uncles so I was use to older adults.  I worked for a doctor when I graduated from high school and was around a lot of patients who were 55-65 and older and interacted with them on a daily basis.  I believe we can learn a lot from older adults.  My dad was born in 1905 and his sister-in-law was born in 1894.  During my aunt's life she saw the invention of electricity, the invention of the automobile (they got their first one in the 1930's), and the invention of the computer. She use to tell me this story about when she and my uncle got their first place, there were no cupboards.  She took old orange crates and strung some string from one side to the other and then she took some material and sewed a casing at the top and strung the string through it.  She made her own cupboard and with the material, made a door so she would have a place for her dishes.  

I know someone that took his son's to their grand parents house.  He had to explain to them what the telephone was and how you use it.  The only phone they knew about was wireless phones and cell phones.  Not landlines. lol.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

A 4-Year-Old and a 91-Year-Old Become Friends, Enrich Each Others' Lives

Message 2 of 2

Such a heartwarming story, and what a great idea on the mom's part to bring them together!

View the video here.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies