Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

hartford car nsurance

hartford car insurance just billed me over 400 dollars more than than last year, are they a scam?

Regular Contributor

There are many reasons for rate increases. Unfortunately, The Hartford as well as other insurance companies, have experienced an influx in the costs to settle claims. This is due to the increase in the cost of materials, claim settlements, labor, etc.. We understand the frustration and hope in the near future, rates can be lowered.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I just received a renewal notice with a 37percent increase! This is an increase of approximately $500! My driving record is prefect, with no claims or citations. Its a ripoff plain and simple. And it really makes me question AARP relationship with Hartford Insurance. Is AARP looking after its members’ interest or those of Hartford Ins. They really need to go shopping for ANOTHER insurance company. And that’s exactly what I did and signed up with Progressive Ins. They SAVED me $1023! Yes no joke, check it out yourself.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi @ Ajshak, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding the rate increase with The Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at The Hartford to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with The Hartford, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPMariamaA" into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage . Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely,

Mariama A.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Thank yu for responding to my blog above with the invitation to escalate my rate hike issue tv up the ladder at Hartford. Its ironic that I kept hitting a brick wall trying to communicate this with Hartford’s Customer Service. That ship has already sailed. Actually I thank Hartford for giving me the impetus to shop for a better rate. I sought and I found, a better rate. $1029 less to be exact. Its out there. So I am not convinced about explanations regarding statewide ratehikes. The whole country is wondering why we have high inflation. Well look no further than corporate greed! 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I think most insurance is going up.I have Geico and they raise rates at every renewal for the last couple of years.They say its due to cost of repairs and everything else related to insurance going up a lot so that gets passed on to the customer.From two years ago I am paying over $700 more compared to rates back then.Sadly its likely to continue.

Honored Social Butterfly

Car theft and breakins have skyrocketed in some areas.  That cost us all.  

Then there is the rise in cost of both new and used cars - so if one is at fault, then the insurer has to pay more to cover the property.

Then there is also the repair cost - high for combustible engine types but REALLY high for EV’s.

People need to realize it is more than just their own self that increases auto insurance rates.

When it happens, 1st determine what part of the coverage is escalating or if it spread out - then that gives one a basis point to begin their investigation as to why.  

Heck sometimes it is just because one increases in age - I think that hitting 70 is the time when it is felt the most.

If one’s area is growing, the shear number of cars can increase rates because there is more accident probability.

If the same increase is happening with other insurers in an area - there has to be a reason and with a little investigation could indicate what is happening.  

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP