Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Wow, points only gift cards

I check this site everyday at about 6:30 AM just to see if any points only gift cards have arrived.  To my surprise there are 2 on the site today.  #1 Uno pizza - cant use that never heard of it and don't know where they are located.  #2 Apple Itunes - SOLD OUT!!!!!

WOW!!!!  But maybe its a sign they are hearing us.  Or a teaser just to rile us up again.

Gold Conversationalist

Are they still on the site?

Entering third week of the lockout....will brave the phone tomorrow when company has cleared.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

Yes, points only are still in catalog.  Here are screenshots, and we already know clearing cookies and cache doesn't work. Bed & Bath is Weekly Instant Win.

Have a Blessed Day

MarylinScreenshot_2019-12-30-00-40-38.pngScreenshot_2019-12-30-00-43-15.pngScreenshot_2019-12-30-00-43-29.pngScreenshot_2019-12-30-00-44-07.png

Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Ginger, I know you asked @andrewtoo but I donated the 8,000 max points to Foundation.  There were (2) $5 donations for 4,000 points each and not tax deductible. 

One was for senior food drive and other was a program with seniors teaching kids to read.

Happy Holidays

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Hey Marylin 

Thanks for help & reply

so that's good thing to hear .... noticed that going to AARP Foundation as used to just seems they are highlighting certain programs they have that funds support.... also noticed that it stated specifically that they send check.... kinda thought that was wild maybe trying to assure accountability 

When did they open it? 

Is there a plan to do each month? Thanks for your help 

Merry Christmas May you and your family have a beautifully blessed Holiday season

Ginger  :  ) 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Ginger, I'm not sure about the details.  Saw a Community Manager post about donating points to Foundation in Redemption forum and jumped on it.  

Sad, that we can only give 4,000 pts.= $5  to help with the Senior Food Drive and at Christmas.

I guess they are using the other program to get donations to pay Seniors to teach kids to read.

I donated on 12/16/19 and I noticed it's still showing under Limited Time filter, unsure if there's a monthly limit.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Hi Marylin 

Thanks.... glad they had Donations available every little bit helps 

Yes other day it was still showing offer to donate but once I hit it & then hit redeem stated Sold Out 

Don't think its showing up anymore???

Maybe I'll catch their post next time.... although its seems like a nightmare trying to follow all the forums 

I can't even find this thread I'm responding on from Community  😞 only got here from email link 

Merry Christmas

Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Ginger, it would make sense to just remove it like before.  As per your new name, it's the Twilight Zone.

Perfect way to describe the AARP Rewards program

Social Butterfly

Hey Gem @gm5271 

Marylin @mi4090 covered your question for me.  I was out shopping and not having fun!

Happy Holidays!

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew I was excited to read your post about Donations you sound like there were more than 1? Was there? 

I went check only had 1 for 4000 points for $5 although it let me click it came up sold out 😞

Also noticed no longer is Tax Deductible as was in past plus 4 times points for half $ oh well part of all the changes maybe can donate another time ?? Has it been posted when Donation opportunities will become available? 

Thanks

Merry Christmas 🎄

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

$5 amazon

$5 barnes and noble

$15 zappos

$25 rei

available now

Super Contributor

never saw any of those 

or any others that were still available 

maybe they just 2 

for a few thousand people 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @sjean65 

That's what was on the site on 12/30/19, it's strange you saw something different.  

I look at the All Rewards Section daily and the $250 Target sweeps just appeared for me today.  It's already (3) days in progress, no points will be wasted on it.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@kuonothome 

Glad to see the additions, hopefully we'll see some of the suggestions that are locked on "Are "Points Only" Gift Cards Gone Forever original post.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@kuonothome 

Thanks so much for the information!  I didn't get the Amazon card this time, but, maybe next time.

Happy Holidays,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@hg88943930 

I had the same OMG moment; they might be beginning to listen.

I joined AARP Rewards to learn, earn, and redeem for useful prizes.

We shall see if AARP Rewards actually gives us what we request.

The Donations to the AARP Foundation is really nice to see; I loaded up on them.

Let's hope they are on the right track now!

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew we must bold the might.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@hg88943930 

Hopefully they'll keep adding more and on a daily basis that we all can use.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Regular Social Butterfly

To be honest, I've seen posts re "rewards" and wondered, as that isn't why I joined.

Having seen many posts basically condemming AARP regarding rewards, I'd suggest just stop this program. People are being hateful online about it and that's wrong, imho.

Forget "rewards" because honestly, what are they for? Logging in; clicking on a link? Just stop this form of madness.

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP