Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Why?

Why bother to participate in the new rewards program? I accumulated over 141000 points under the prior rewards program that I lost. The new program looks very similar to the old one except that I don't have the 141000 points THAT I EARNED.

Conversationalist

Accumulating points with the new program works just fine for me. The question is: Why should I bother? as there is really no place to use those points. The instant win is not a win for me and the prizes are not usable / interesting/ universal enough... I miss the daily deal, the auctions and the sweepstakes that were in the Rewards for Good. The gift cards to buy are also lacking...

Social Butterfly

@a170938b 

! DITTO! Indeed Why? 

Ginger ;  )

Contributor

Why what

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @FrancisR928084 

@js58444260  wrote:

js58444260
Info Seeker
Why?

Why bother to participate in the new rewards program? I accumulated over 141000 points under the prior rewards program that I lost. The new program looks very similar to the old one except that I don't have the 141000 points THAT I EARNED

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

They need to implement more point-only rewards for people to spend their points on. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Another difference is that RfG allowed earning up to only 5,000 points per day, but that was possible only in the first few days of the year. The rest of the time, we could earn up to a few hundred points in a day. Maybe somebody else knew a secret about earning more, but that was my experience.

In AARP Rewards, we are allowed up to 7,500 points with a cushion of 450 more points, for a total of 7,950 points we can earn in a day. Along with that, AARP Rewards actually allows us enough points from activities to attain the 7,500 points every day! I usually earn 7,800 each day. At the beginning of the month, with the monthly activities and others, I can achieve the full 7,950, as I did today. "Maxed out like a pro!"

I had been in RfG for 5 years, since early in its beginnings, so even though I had used points along the way for sweepstakes and discounts on gift cards and others, I had accumulated 854,838 points by July 3, just before AARP implemented the plan to switch rewards programs. With the discontinuation of the earnings toward the end of RfG and my continuing to put in for sweepstakes and discounts on gift cards, my points had dwindled down to just under 770,000 points on that last day. By then, I was ready to surrender my points and see what AARP Rewards had to offer.

I have seen so much less in the new AARP Rewards program than I had thought I'd see, but I can certainly earn points. In a month and a half, I've already earned over 1/3 of my highest points count achieved over 5 years with RfG - โ‰ˆ340,000. Over time, I hope the offerings for redemption will grow to meet or beat anything we ever had in RfG, so I can put those points to good use.

Happy November Day, and for those who still work, T.G.I.F.!

Enjoy!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

Hello Lynn, what combination order did you use to reach 7,950 points today without going over?

Thanks for letting me know.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @js58444260 

JS, it's very different from R4G.  Not earning as many points for activities, advertisements everywhere, tons of problemsSmiley Sad

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakoutยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP