Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Why Can't AARP Get the Website to Work??

Regular Contributor

Why Can't AARP Get the Website to Work??

Issues. Every single day. Technical issues with the videos. With entering sweepstakes and instant wins.  All is get is the message about experiencing technical difficulties. This has been going on for months! Either FIX IT, AARP, or get rid of this Rewards program.

Silver Conversationalist

Whenever there is maintenance to "improve" the AARP website experience, more technical glitches and errors are created.  I have encountered technical difficulties in just accessing the site and the new "spinning red circle" doesn't always download the home page completely.  It has caused me to "log in" multiple times during the day.  I much prefer going back to basics to make access more user friendly.  Each time an "upgrade" to the site is made, it causes new errors. Something as basic as earning 15 points to visit the site is causing issues which never happened before.  The 15 visit points keeps getting added and deducted each day, so it has been hard to keep track of my total points earned.  I wish tech support would be more productive in getting the site to work properly instead of adding frivolous add-ons to make the site less user friendly.  Maybe having these site errors gives tech support job security.

Gold Conversationalist

@JoLo49  Thanks for posting this.  I thought it was my computer making that spinning red circle!!  It's very annoying and now I have to sign in multiple times.   Makes me wonder if Hello World gets paid per sign in....or maybe their tech people are just that bad.

@JoLo49 wrote:

Whenever there is maintenance to "improve" the AARP website experience, more technical glitches and errors are created.  I have encountered technical difficulties in just accessing the site and the new "spinning red circle" doesn't always download the home page completely.  It has caused me to "log in" multiple times during the day.  I much prefer going back to basics to make access more user friendly.  Each time an "upgrade" to the site is made, it causes new errors. Something as basic as earning 15 points to visit the site is causing issues which never happened before.  The 15 visit points keeps getting added and deducted each day, so it has been hard to keep track of my total points earned.  I wish tech support would be more productive in getting the site to work properly instead of adding frivolous add-ons to make the site less user friendly.  Maybe having these site errors gives tech support job security.

Silver Conversationalist

They are @HokiePoq  really, just terrible and so childish

IMG_0051.gif

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Hello @HokiePoq

I agree,  the multiple log-in's is a way for Hello World and AARP to track us.  I'm sure there is monetary gain for them to collect this data.

Contributor

Agree! Let someone else sell the gift cards if you donโ€™t want to AARP. GEESH. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Almost a year later and the website is STILL dysfunctional! The mobile app is worthless except for being able to show a vendor my membership card. Otherwise, if I didn't need to be an AARP member to qualify for my UHC Medicare Supplemental, I wouldn't be one. I can't even edit my account information! 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Is anyone else experiencing problems today?  (9-29)  My husband's account is just spinning around and mine won't give points.

Contributor

Oct 11th still not allowing us to purchase. I donโ€™t believe they have issues. I believe they only sell so many per year. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

If I had to summarize my experience with AARP's website in one phrase, it would be:

Sorry, you didn't win today.

Silver Conversationalist

@sherilee17 

Not sure if it was the correct thing to do but I picked to have this topic floated.

Of all the horrible decisions made by this support team this past year which there were many, changing the QUIZ FORMAT to the โ€œLetโ€™s Goโ€  โ€œSubmitโ€ and the โ€œNext Questionโ€ tabs was uncalled for.
This individual had to know that the pages would drop down whenever these TABS were pressed and you had to scroll back up each time.

Someone, evidently just got bored with twilling their thumbs and decided to make this change without any concern for some of us with severe arthritis and poor eyesight.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way it was, plus there were no advantages that I can see to changing the format.

I am fully aware that my concern will be ignored and no attempt will ever be made to reinstate the old format. 
In the future pay attention to some old wise advise, 

IF IT AINโ€™T BROKE DONโ€™T FIX IT ! !

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Periodic Contributor

One way I will fix this nuisance is by not renewing my membership. It's just not worth it anymore.

Conversationalist

^^^ Well stated, Lucy.

I completely agree with your "old wise advice," and will take it one step further:

If it IS broke, FIX IT!!

The Extra Credit debacle of January 1, 2023 is yet another example of serious recurring problems with the Rewards Program. FIXING THIS should be at or near the very top of AARP's New Year's resolutions.

Periodic Contributor

@sherilee17 

I totally agree that the format did not need changing. A lot of times the answers don't match up with the questions and you just have to guess by the position of the box. True/False is a little easier to answer correctly. I don't have arthritis or anything, I just don't care for the change. Maybe we can go back to the original. Sorry to hear you are having troubles with it though. Take care.

Gold Conversationalist

@rednexsrus  I agree.   I think a lot of these things are done to get more clicks on the ads, even if they are by accident.  Really hate the way "skip ad" is covered by something else in the videos.    

@sherilee17  You are right.  I would amend by saying get rid of Hello World rather than the program which did NOT have all the technical difficulties under the old operator.   Has been a frustrating week as you said with no points for activities in many cases, rewards email words not working, instant wins not available, etc.   The techies obviously had the week off but unfortunately, these problems are not limited to the holiday season.

Conversationalist

My new Years wish is to be able to say, "Goodbye Hello World!"

Regular Contributor

And the issues continue today.....Frustrating time waster....

Silver Conversationalist

Here it is 5:05 PM CST and I logged back on @ 4:04 PM to see if the bogus maintenance was completed. 
I started with trying to complete a few quiz and as suspected on each and every one (17 quiz) I still got โ€œWE NEED MORE TIMEโ€  
Sadly this tech support team as expected did not fix a d**m thing

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Trusted Contributor

I'd be surprised if one day we saw a message that said, "Gues what?!  We're not having technical difficulties.  We're not doing routine maintenance."  And, if it's routine maintenance, as they have posted right now, why is routine maintenance being done on a Saturday when people have time to deal with this?  I'm guessing we're all going to be cheated out of our points today.

Honored Social Butterfly

Now it's under maintenance. Of course. I have a date with Santa today which may run into mid-evening festivities. Oy vey. 

MAINTENANCE.png

bang head.gif

Gold Conversationalist

@Kellythe Belly   You and Santa have a wonderful time!

And if this is "regularly scheduled maintenance"  I'd be very surprised.      It was squirrelly this morning early on and I couldn't do anything.  Then the message about maintenance.  Maintenance maybe but unexpected.  The admins usually post when it's planned I think.  Enjoy your evening!

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh, you're so sweet! Santa was the sweetest man in town! The real deal. lol And, his coat was as soft as velvet. Got a snapshot, it was surreal, overall. Among many children crying, which makes me cry alongside them. I had to be consoled. haha Thanks for your niceties! x

Gold Conversationalist

Yes, very frustrating.  It is unclear to me whether the rewards website is housed on the AARP website or its contractor's website.   When the rewards site goes down, this board stays up which makes me think they are two different things.   I do not recall this ever happening in the old rewards program before Hello World took over.    One thing I can tell:  There are too many participants for either the reward resources or website capacity.   

Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, I think it's been mentioned for EONS (grrr) that their server capacity cannot accommodate the traffic during the weekend. I think this seems plausible because it gets real bad on the weekends. 

Periodic Contributor

I agree. Thought it was something I was doing on my end, but now I see that everyone is experiencing the same as me. Frustrating.  I am on AARP daily and it is just ridiculous I can't do any of the fun stuff that I love to do.

Regular Contributor

Agree. Issues with the Rewards site EVERY DAY! Like since Forever!

Conversationalist

These past few days have been particularly horrendous.

Every single time I went to the website, I had to log in. Twice this morning. Of course, videos did not work, quizzes neither, points not awarded...And no possibility to enter sweepstakes or instant wins this morning. Truly awful!

I am glad they are doing some maintenance; who knows it might bring a very slight improvement or maybe it will be worse. We'll see.

Silver Conversationalist

@a170938b @sherilee17 

The problems with this Rewards Program are not going to be fixed, by these very people who are creating them !

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Trusted Contributor

Time to upgrade their system (past time actually, they should have done it months ago).

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP