Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: What ways are you keeping active?

Message 71 of 244
I have a grabber gizmo for getting stuff from my top shelf, I've been using it to collect sm-med trash on walks. Then I spray it down and leave it outside to dry.
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Find your tightest fitting clothes and put them on everyd...

Message 72 of 244
Best answer - first laugh had in a while!
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 73 of 244

With the weather getting more mild, I get out for a morning walk each day.  Even have my college age daughter getting up early to joing me!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 74 of 244

It's Really hard  But I use a balance ball chair a lot (helps your core), and I try to walk, and/or dance when I can around the yard, or work in muscle tightening exercises when I'm doing the laundry.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 75 of 244

I have been a treadmill walker for many years, so that has not changed. I choose a streaming program and watch it while I walk. If I find something particularly engaging, I will walk even longer because I am so engrossed in it (which is a bonus). Since it's springtime it is a perfect opportunity to do extra cleaning, like laundering drapes, which both keep me active and get the house cleaner. Being retired it's easy to put things off for another day, so I decided that I must perform at least one moderate task a day. That is working for me.

Highlighted
Contributor

Find your tightest fitting clothes and put them on everyd...

Message 76 of 244

Find your tightest fitting clothes and put them on everyday before going to the fridge. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 77 of 244

Love your picking up litter. I've been doing this for years on my walks. The very small pieces of plastic are especially harmful to wildlife. I've also been picking up cigarette butts. But now with the virus around, I've stopped picking up trash due to fear of infection. And I'm being tight fisted with the small supply of disposable gloves I have. If the trash appears to have been there a while, I'll go ahead and pick it up, but otherwise, no. With the cigarette butts, I can't tell how fresh they are and they've been stuck in people's mouths. Please, smokers, it's bad enough we have to clean up behind you, but now it's risky to do, so will you please make sure your trash is properly disposed of? 

Stacie, you're awesome for doing this!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 78 of 244

An idea to share:  Now is a great time to intentionally set aside some time to pick up the MANY pieces of litter that have been tossed out along road sides, beaches, parks, stop signs and more.  Get your exercise in while helping to get AMERICA MORE BEAUTIFUL.  Put on some comfy shoes and clothes, pack a light weight back pack with a bottle of water, snack, gloves, trash bags and a litter grabber if you have one (Dollar Tree sells them) and start walking.  My daughter, her friend and I walked along a main road near our home and picked up alot of litter.  Dropped some of the litter off at a recyle bin and pulled the pop tabs off to take to Ronald McDonald House.  Once we got to the end of our destination, which was at a QT, we went inside for a potty break and the girls got ice cream.  Then made the walk back home and picked up some more litter.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 79 of 244

I normally like to walk outside, however the weather has been cold and it has been raining.  I put on my Motown Music and start dancing, sometimes I keep it on for a good 4 to 5 hours and start cleaning the house or packing things up for "Purple Heart".  It not only helps me physically but it helps me mentally because I stop worrying about the Virus, children, financial issues and anything else that has me concerned.  I belly laugh a lot because my husband gives me these strange looks and for some reason I can't stop laughing when he gives them to me.  

***WINNING POST FOR WEEK 3****  You will be contacted via private message and email.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 80 of 244

For us, it's easy because we have a 8 acre place and we've been working our tails off on the property. There's also a Rails to Trails bike path directly in front of our property, but it's officially closed. Even so, there are loads of people out there regularly. To them, I say be careful. It's just about impossible to keep 6' apart when passing others on the trail. Plus, those running or biking are breathing harder, and I've read that people should keep 10' to 20' away from those doing heavier exercise. I only go at odd times, and often have to go into the woods off the trail to stay clear of others. They never leave the trail to avoid me; I'm always the one to keep us all safe by doing so. They look at me like I'm nuts. This is a rural area and folks aren't taking the crisis very seriously. Hope it works out for them, and that they don't expose others who are trying to stay safe.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, August 6 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Answering Your Most Frequent Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507