Highlighted
Contributor

Re: What ways are you keeping active?

Message 51 of 244

Hello

I went thru the process of Gardening , yardwortk, flowerbeds, and just today I signed up as Citizen Archivist at National Archives - thru AARP Online Volunteer Transcripter program.

I hope to do a good job.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted

Message 52 of 244

DAILY HIKES WITH MY DOG! SHE LOVES IT! AND ITS KEEPING ME SANE!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 53 of 244

Even when the wind blows cool, getting outside and spring cleaning my yard. Fruit trees trimmed. Flower beds ready to go. Now just the lawn to do!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 54 of 244

The best activity EVER invented......."ENJOYING" my husband of 30 years!...My doctor always says its the BEST excercise, its a ton of FUN and its FREE. ...WIN WIN

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 55 of 244

Am so walking 2x a day Great way to shred tension and the shackles of stress!

Highlighted

Message 56 of 244

Taking longer walks. Taking more frequent walks. Also I volunteer to take neighbors dogs for walks. I'm using and old pilates at home workout as well. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: What ways are you keeping active? We Exercise Every-Other Day Weather Permided, At Parks.

Message 57 of 244

# We Love Exerciseing at All Types Of Cool Parks Weather Permid. Also Do Things Around The House Like Supper Clean, Fix Things in The Basement, Paint, and Play Games Like TEXAS HOLD' EM Soo Cool as Well as Fun Too. and Shop Here and There.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 58 of 244

I have fallen in love with the AARP Denise Austin videos. I do one after the other until I reach a thirty minute workout. The exercises are kind to my RA and I'm entertained while sheltering in. 

Highlighted

Message 59 of 244

Wearing arm and ankle weights during the day.  It makes all my movements pay off a little more.

Highlighted

Message 60 of 244

I've been using an app - Daily Yoga - off and on for several years.  I beefed up my usage especially for the one you can do at night to help sleep. For some aerobic I've been doing a couple days bicycle riding for 6 minutes on "the cruiser" bike at the highest gear. Gets the heart going and the lower body pretty well worked out.

I have a friend doing his cycling indoors.  So for those of you joining him, give your rides a catchy name for more fun.  His is Tour de Kitchen and after 9 days he was in the lead. 

I always know it's time to exercise when I get too tired! 

To Your Health

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.