Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 244

My apartment complex is just 2 sets of quadplexes so we interact a bit accidentally as well as intentionally. Our youngest neighbor is 7 and likes the outdoors and being active there. I've taught how to use the garden hose and tend to some flowers, feed birds, and fill a bird bath. He doesn't do much on his own, but if I start these tasks, he often joins in. We socialize, take care of the environment, and get some activity. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 244

I use my exercise DVD and take short walks.  I also read and do word puzzles

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 244

I joined a gym for the New Year and since the virus the gym has closed.  I take walks each morning and wear my mask in case there are other walkers  I live in an over 55 community so we all need to take care.  I have found Silver Sneaker classes on my computer and use these classes to help me keep fit during this sheltering in.  Anyone can access this if you are an AARP member and it is fun and you can get someone to watch it with you if you choose.  Everyone needs to take care of themselves during this epidemic.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 244

love to walk  since everything is bacisly closed I park my car after long day with patients then walk to mailbox but take the long way  around the block 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 244

My daily activities are spending 1 hour cleaning out my closet, taking a 30 minute walk outside, go on short walks with my dog several times a day. I do 5 of AARP's exercise videos each day. I make dinner for myself. I'm keeping up with my housework along with some decluttering. I feel much better with the activities that I'm accomplishing every week. It's working!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 244

I've been feeling so stressed so i've tried different things to help keep me calm like meditating and yoga. I've also been talking early morning walks to get in more exercise. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 244

I still work part-time in home health care. On the days I am not working,

we have a rental property and a fixer-upper that keep us actively "working out" (one unit is on the 3rd floor, and the other is a 2-story home), as well as maintaining our yard, and loading and unloading the debris from all three. No downtime for us, we can still make things work, as there are no restrictions on working at our own properties. We also have a 4-year old who keeps us busy and active when we aren't working on anything else. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 244

During my time staying at home , my exercising is done differently because of my local Y being closed. Living in a one room apartment also has its challenges. So i use my kettle bells while listening to one or a few favorite songs. I also do 15-20 minutes of sitting exercises while i am my desk. i also follow some videos on you tube , for some cardio later in the afternoon. i also take time to read more , phone family & keep in touch. This is a challenging time for everyone but remaining active is very important. Keep safe & do your best to follow the restrictions. Be well !! this won't last forever !! 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 244

I am really enjoying spending time with my college aged children. We exercise together, go for walks, and learn silly dances. We hung a bird feeder and have done some yard work. We enjoy looking for healthy recipes and cooking. It is bonus time with them for me.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit