Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 121 of 244

My Medicare insurance pays for a gym membership. Thankfully, my gym is offering a wide variety of on-line classes. So far, I've done Team Training (strength and cardio), dance, yoga, and kick boxing. An hour and half of intensive exercise daily is helping to keep me fit physically and mentally.

I'm enjoying the awesome teachers and classes. They add classes each week so, to date, I've not gotten bored. I'm also contemplating that my living room could become a permanent workout space!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 244

I walk 8 miles a day 3 times a week .  I either listen to music or just listen to the birds.  I have plenty of company along my walks with squirrels and rabbits crossing my pathway.  I find that walking this length of time - it takes about 2 hours- gives me a mental break from all of the worry and fear this virus has brought to us.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 244

Hi @vgregory647, I'm curious about how you did your virtual hike? My family has a monthly hiking club adn we're trying to figure out a way to virtually hike together.

Thanks for sharing!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 244

I  am trying to keep movement with Denise Austin videos with aarp and as well with the Silver Sneakers online videos between the two sites, there are many choices and level to choose from. Even starting with low level of yoga. Its fun to try new choice without being in front of other people til you know the moves.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 244

As a Military Family Life counselor in a school, it is hard not seeing my military kids every day. During this stay-at-home time, I take advantage of online trainings. While listening to a webinar, instead of sitting in my chair in front of the computer, I do step exercises and short walk exercises while listening to the speaker.  It helps break up the monotony of the day and keeps me motivated to learn! Sully S.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 244

walking 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 244

Because I've worked from my home busines for over 3 decades, this is really nothing new to me. I've been at at a typewriter then to a computer 10-12 hrs. a day since I can remember. If I didn't ecercise, I'd look like a whale! The the only things that really changed because of this "lockdown" in my life is  no more driving to client's offices because everything can be done online (bless the internet!!!) also, the need to wear a face mask when out for my dailiy 1-2 mile walk. I have done the same routine to keep in shape for decades: 10 minute stretching, 30-40 minute morning walk, 15 minutes on my step apparatus, 15 minutes weights, 15 minutes floor stretches and that's it. The only things I had to change was since my RA increased substantially as I aged, I had to stop dong push-up and I had to contain my hand weights to 5lbs. or less beause of the pain in my writsts. I can't put the pressure on them anymore. Also, my daily "jog" has become a daily "power walk" because of the arthritis in my ankles. But, nothing will stop me. I just adjust as my body allows.  I couldn't think of existing without my ecercise routine 5 days a week. Saturdays (weather permitting) is gardenting time. Sundays are open ( I have to be a little bit naughty! LOL)

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 244

I've been exercising at home every morning, in front of the television. I just make up my own running/dancing/jumping routines, to keep my heart rate up.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 244

AARP videos!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 244

I do cardio exercise at home every morning (indoors, in front of the television).  I just make up my own running/jumping/dancing routines, to keep my heart rate up.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit