Highlighted

Re: What ways are you keeping active?

Message 61 of 244

I have been using my indoor exercise bike and outside raking when the weather permits as it is still chilly and snowing off and on here.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted

Message 62 of 244

I have been working hard to get in 10,000 steps per day.  Walking outside has made it alot easier.  Happy that the weather has been better and the snow has melted again.

Highlighted

Message 63 of 244

Heart binge watching Netflix on Saturday and Sunday. Monday -Friday working out of the office.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 64 of 244

I had fallen away from my power walking/racewalking routine so I had made a resolution to get back on the trail, I found I still needed more incentive.  I found a racing club on line and they are having virtual races with shirts, bibs and medals.  We walk on our own route and then post our mileage and time this is just the incentive I needed.  I also saw on TV a man who  virtually scaled Everest by walking the stairs in his home.  This intrigued me so I decided to do it too.  I plotted out the height of Mount Hood in Oregon, measured my stair rise and figured how many flights I needed to walk to scale this majestic mountain.  I hope to reach the summit before too long.  A great incentive for me and keeps me active.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 65 of 244

Walking around the block and doing a little gardening each day keeps me healthy.  On rainy days I make large batches of soup.  Freeze in contains for quick dinner 

Contributor

Message 66 of 244

Being active has always been a part of my day so when our rec. center closed  and I could no longer attend my daily exercise classes I knew I had to come up with a way to continue to exercise all muscle groups. I have continued to be able to walk 3 miles a day with my sister so I continue to get at least 10,000+ steps on my FitBit each day. As far as classes, I put together a variety of workouts from the AARP site to work out an additional 60 minutes a day. Some of my favorites are total body toning, cardio sculpting, upper body workout and abs and arms. There are so many 10 minute workouts to choose from, with a lot of variety, that I find it easy and enjoyable to get  in a good workout each day!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 67 of 244

I have a larger than usual interest in things compared to the average... that I always can be busy for 10 hrs out of each day. Since I've had a Fitbit for 3 years I always wondered while doing chores, how can I make it count for activity..we have a treadmill but for me, I wouldn't be able to do the chores at the same time.  SO one of the chores- laundry, I can turn into 7-  30 min activities...can you figure out how that can be done... Oh and.lost 40 lbs too to date.

Highlighted

Message 68 of 244

I start my day with the ten minute mind meditation then I do Denise Austin two or three video exercise videos, eat healthy, use my kettlebells and each night do yoga. I stream concerts and listen to Leonard Cohen hallelujah for inspiration.

my husband and I have boxing gloves so we do Cumbria boxing for exercise.

i am trying really hard to keep active and do virtual weight watcher meetings.

quarantine can be depressing if you let it,so I don’t let it

TG

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 69 of 244

Take a walk daily in our city park.  It's great exercise and you will always feel energized afterwards!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 70 of 244

During this time of social distancing I've been gardening and caring for our land. Our two steer are hilarious to watch and encourage them to play. In doing so I'm walking the acre of land dedicated to a large garden and the feeding pasture for the steer.

Prepping the garden has been fabulous opportunities to stretch, dig and how the soil. 
With gardening comes tending to the large trees. Yesterday my guy and I dug out dolphining tree roots, which entailed swinging and axe and digging out 5" diameter roots.

The household stairs have become my nemisis as I see how many reps I can do during commercials.

Stay healthy everyone! Eat clean! Be safe!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!