Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What ways are you keeping active?

Staying home has forced many of us to be creative about how we stay active. What are your tips for getting regular exercise and setting aside time to move while staying cool in the summer heat?  Share your pictures or tips

AARPTeri
Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPTeri wrote:

Staying home has forced many of us to be creative about how we stay active. What are your tips for getting regular exercise and setting aside time to move while practicing social distancing?  Share your pictures or tips

Walk, walk, walk.

Stick with a routine. Walk a lot in the morning.

Contributor

I go walking from 2 to 3 miles at least 3 days out the week. Get a chance to get lots of sunshine(vitamin D).

0 Kudos
Contributor

I go walking from 2 to 3 miles at least 3 days out the week. Get a chance to get lots of sunshine(vitamin D).

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I enjoy AARP exercise videos.   There are several and they are great.   Somedays I am more energized for a core workout with Jorge Cruise or stretching with Denise Austin.  Yesterday I tried Yoga.  Now that I am home more I can exercise whenever I feel like.   Not only my body but my mind is getting a workout. Staying Sharp gives me many options to increase my thinking and increase my mind abilities.  There are many articles eating right, recipes and ideas for living my best life.  

Trusted Contributor

Yes, to the videos!!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've been painting on canvas and planters, puzzles have been fun to and baking along with starting our garden plants

Periodic Contributor

I've been starting plants for the garden this year also I have started taking some of my berries and making pie filling,jelly,ect

Periodic Contributor

Coloring is a fun thing to do, at you own pace.  No hurry, allow some freedom to your thoughts and envision the colors combination that you like.  This a a fun way to keep your mind active.  

Periodic Contributor

I don't know whether this is good or bad, but one of the biggest ways I've kept active now is by cleaning.  It's not something I enjoy to do but I've asked our cleaning woman not to come over now so I have to do the cleaning.  I try to do one room at a time (and now I'm thinking that I'm underpaying my cleaning woman - this is a lot of work lol).  I also try to take a walk (by myself) a few times a week.  It depends on the weather.   Other than that, I'm really not sure where the time goes each day but I haven't been hanging around bored.

Periodic Contributor

Can''t think of an exercise program that is more enjoyable and rewarding than gardening.  It not only allows you to bend and stretch, but it could even produce healthy, organic food.  Here's the best part:  YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY, ABOUT GOING TO THE STORE OR THE DANGER OF BEING EXPOSED TO OTHERS WHO ARE OUT SHOPPING WHILE SUFFERING FROM COVID19.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Why didn't you post in your Tips forum, more confusion.

Have a Blessed Day

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Dealing with the madness of AARP Rewards program will keep you alert and frustrated.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP