Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 264

I live in Assisted Living and have three meals daily  brought to my apartment since our dining room is closed due to QVD19 therefore I have no need to cook or grocery shop.

Lon
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 264

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone wore a surgical type mask.  Still a lot of people shopping with  no protection (especially for others).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 264

We do the same, but not just due to the current situation.  Cooking for two is ok, but cooking for 4/2 is even better.  Easy second meal.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 264

We've been making double batches for our dinners, so they last for 2-3 dinners.  If we don't feel like eating the same dish for the next day, we'll freeze what we don't eat the 1st night and save for later.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 264

During this time of coronavirus we need to be very careful.  I shop at prince cooper and trust thecleanliness  and butcher.  So i have no qualms about any of this Covid-19 crap.  They have a very nice selection but i tend to cook with either chicken,  85% lean ground beef, or they have good sales on other cuts at times; it really plays to look for deals and recipes

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 264

I buy dried beans and cook up a pot once a week.  I use some to make a baked bean dish, some to add to soups, and freeze some for future use in bags.  This cuts out the sodium, and one package of dried beans cooks up to replace 4 of the canned style.  Beans with a whole grain like brown rice make a good protein dish.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 264
Cooking, try a new meal 2 times a weak.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 264
Not many.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 264

Make a menu plan first. Mine normally covers about two weeks. Then check to determine what ingredients you are missing in order to make your menu items. I often plan to make one or two things that I can prepare and freeze for later as well. 

Record your missing ingredients on your grocery list. I organize mine in the following categories, but organize yours in the way that makes the most sense to you:

Produce

Meat

Dry

Refrigerated

Frozen

Other

Be sure to think about breakfast, lunch, and snacks, too. Also think about substitute ingredients in case your store is out of something. 

It would be great if I could get delivery or curbside pickup from my favorite store, but I can't, so this makes my shopping trip much more efficient. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 264
Same as above.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit