Highlighted
Contributor

Re: What tips can you share for grocery shopping and cooking while social distancing?

Message 1 of 264

If you order from Instacart to get home delivery/shopping assistance from Wegmans, be aware that the items you purchase are marked up by Instacart.  So not only do you pay a service charge, delivery charge and tip but you are also paying a premium for the items you order.  I did not realize this until a recent order I had delivered and the cash register receipt was in one of the bags.  When comparing the actual receipt the shopper got vs what I was charged by Instacart I paid an additional $7 on my order of only 14 items.  I understand the delivery charge/service charge and tip for this service, but to charge a premium on the items on the list (mostly food) seems to be a disservice...especially to seniors on a limited income.  Just my opinion!

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: What tips can you share for grocery shopping and cooking while social distancing?

Message 2 of 264

Go only when you need something and find out if the have a senior day.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 3 of 264
Order meals from locally owned restaurants that way your are helping out your local community:)
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 4 of 264
Find fresh veggies & fruits you can freeze
Highlighted

Message 5 of 264

Buy quickly look everyday for delivery 

Highlighted

Message 6 of 264
When I shop with my wife we Wes two wagons. I get the heavy stuff and check out. Takes less time.
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 7 of 264
my daughter does that and supplies me with "meals on wheels"
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 8 of 264
have food delivered!
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 9 of 264
They will be the ones to get sick!!!
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 10 of 264
Stay well
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors