Highlighted

Re: What tips can you share for grocery shopping and cooking while social distancing?

Message 261 of 264

I sat down with my husband and we planned out 20 meals. I was shopping only once. I purchased all the meat I needed with extra for the freezer. Also, I bought canned veggies including canned potatoes. (the extra sodium isn't going to kill us as quickly as the virus might). Included in the list was rice, dried beans, lentils, grains and eggs with the longest date. I already have the basics. Now we are all set for food and have time to create some fun meals.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: What tips can you share for grocery shopping and cooking while social distancing?

Message 262 of 264

With the shortage of protective masks, please watch this video that shows how to make a mask out of material that you have at home:

If the video does not play, copy and paste this URL into the address bar of your computer web browser:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJaVBt8q6g8

Stay safe everyone and ask someone to shop for you when possible.

Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 263 of 264

I would like to bring to your attention that American Express has a credit card

that offers 6% CASH rebate on all groceries with the exception of the COSCO

and Sams Club along with Walmart.  Still what a deal.  The card does cost

$90 per year after the first year.  Just thought you would like to know.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager

What tips can you share for grocery shopping and cooking while social distancing?

Message 264 of 264

Social distancing and stay at home orders have affected the way we shop, cook and eat. What are some tips that you can share on how you have shifted these past weeks?  Are you buying more dry goods and less fresh fruits and vegetables?  Are you shopping online?  Share any tips about cooking or grocery shopping

AARPTeri
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.